Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #731
blackboard
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegapchasm View Post
a)can someone tell me how to get round this?
b)or can i send my save files to someone to get past that bit and send the save file back?
c)or can someone send me the save file for past that bit for kieran?
hm, I can pass by this point without problems using Dosbox 0.72, so I think it should work. I have no save games for kieran, but if you post your save game somewhere I can try it.

Alternativelly this here http://technfun.wordpress.com/2007/1...rone-of-chaos/ (second bullet from bottom) tells you how to move your party past this ghost field. But I do not think this is necessary.
blackboard is offline                         Send a private message to blackboard
Old 21-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #732
thegapchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard View Post
hm, I can pass by this point without problems using Dosbox 0.72, so I think it should work. I have no save games for kieran, but if you post your save game somewhere I can try it.

Alternativelly this here http://technfun.wordpress.com/2007/1...rone-of-chaos/ (second bullet from bottom) tells you how to move your party past this ghost field. But I do not think this is necessary.
i'm using dosbox 0.72 and this is the first problem i've run into. how do i upload my save files? would a rapidshare/sendspace/mediafire sort of upload work?

what actually happens with that ghost anyway?
thegapchasm is offline                         Send a private message to thegapchasm
Old 21-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #733
blackboard
Forum hobbit

If you do not have private webspace, something like rapidshare should work (I have not tried it myself, though). It might be easier to just use email, the save games are not that big. I will send you a private message.

The ghost itself does nothing fancy, it only warns you that the level is infested with dangerous ghosts. The warning itself is appropriate, though, the level is very tough.

EDIT: I did not hear from you yet and might be unreachable by mail for a while, perhaps it is better to put it on rapidshare and then put the link in the forum.

Last edited by blackboard; 22-01-2008 at 07:22 PM.
blackboard is offline                         Send a private message to blackboard
Old 22-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #734
thegapchasm

here it is!

i had emailed you pretty much immediately but i think something was munted. imagine my relief seeing this edit! woohoo i am quite obsessed
thegapchasm is offline                         Send a private message to thegapchasm
Old 22-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #735
blackboard
Forum hobbit

here is your new save

Worked just fine for me, the ghost gave his speech and I could continue. I only noticed that I had to press Enter instead of clicking on the button.

You will be up for an upleasant surprise, though. I found the ghost level extremely hard. I read that with a cube it is ok, but you apparently used your second one already (as I did). It is possible using the saphire sword, but very frustrating.
Old 22-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #736
thegapchasm

if you don't use your second cube to open the barrier what do you use? also i realised i didn't get the hand of fate spell at yvel so i'm going back to get it. lastly when do you meet the amazon queen because i haven't seen her yet.

thank you!!
Old 23-01-2008, 07:03 AM   #737
blackboard
Forum hobbit

Quote:
if you don't use your second cube to open the barrier what do you use?
you must use the cube on the barrier, the only thing is that you can do the tower before destroying the barrier. And thus you can still have your cube. But as I said, you can still pass the ghosts level with the swords, it is just very tough. Unfairly so, in my opinion.

Quote:
lastly when do you meet the amazon queen because i haven't seen her yet.
You can meet her at the ground level (and you need her key on the ghosts level I think). The prisoner had a ring hidden in his cell (search for a button), put the ring in the niche "ring for admittance".
Old 23-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #738
thegapchasm

yeah i realised, i've done the jana bit etc. and now have proceeded to keep dying on level 3. do you know if the wraiths replicate? or can i kill one and go downstairs to sleep (repeat)?
Old 23-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #739
blackboard
Forum hobbit

Quote:
do you know if the wraiths replicate? or can i kill one and go downstairs to sleep (repeat)?
while playing it I had the feeling that they replicated infinitely and fast. Might be just my frustrated feelings, though. I noticed that when I was done with level 3 I hardly met a ghost while passing through it (although a few remained). So either they do not replicate or they do it slowly.

The whole level is a pain. You die constantly, cannot see the ghosts when they are in a wall etc. A walkthrough claimed that you can make it by killing a few ghosts at a time, but I finally cheated to stop dying.
Old 23-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #740
thegapchasm

YES! i thought i should let you know i finally fin white tower sans cube or (ahem) cheating. it's ALOT easier if you arm baccata with the emerald blades. what i did was kill all in one room before i went into the next.