Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone > Mêlée Island
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Default Starting a Modern D20 Game

I would like to start a Modern D20 game with anyone on here who might want to play over voice chat (More than likely Skype). I have all the books that I need, and if Jiro can please place the website link to the online versions I can easily help people through what needs to be done.

I will need at least two people willing to play, before I start, though anyone is able to join if they are want to after we have started. The players will need to have dice, and some way of sending me their player sheets.

Ask any questions you want.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 21-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
Professor Oak
Home Sweet Abandonia

This sounds like it would be fun yet how would you know that someone isn't cheating in their rolls?
Professor Oak is offline                         Send a private message to Professor Oak
Old 21-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Well that could be done by making video calls, but I think a bit of trust could be applied to people not cheating. I would hope that anyone willing to play would also be willing to play properly, and having been playing for a long time I think I would be able to spot someone lying about their rolls.

I think there are also dice rollers that can be seen by people over the net as well.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 21-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
Jironobou
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via Skype™ to Jironobou

Downloadable SRD: Link

DnD Wiki SRD: Link

I've also found stuff like character sheets, but I doubt how useful they would be here.
Jironobou is offline                         Send a private message to Jironobou
Old 21-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
BananielTheSpaniel

Default So you wan't to be a pirate?

Good evening to thy, sires!

I guess your looking for this:
http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=orpg

Or this:
http://www.nbos.com/products/screenm...reenmonkey.htm

The first one is developed by an active community since 2000 (so it reads...).
I just installed it for fun. Comes with python 2.6 and stuff (although the installer
demands a dsl connection, as it got nearly all its stuff from the net).

The last one has got an impressive mission (GM runs server, players join via browser).
I don't know yet if it's d&d (its not hexagonal is it). And I haven't got the nerve
for further reading that late on a freckin sat. night ().

I must admit, my few experiences with D&D (AD&D?!?) where within the D&D MMORPG
and there only 3 sessions. I always wanted to start but you guess it, no ones listening,
knows or wants to. And it even is understandable, the learning curve is tremendous, only nerds
allowed.

So have phun. And if you need another companion. At least I play CRPG since the age of
umm 12 I guess (and I know what THAC0 means, but thats about the only rule).

Have a enchanting table-top time!
BananielTheSpaniel is offline                         Send a private message to BananielTheSpaniel
Old 21-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #6
Jironobou
Abandonia nerd

well...for the first link, the basic program for D20 Modern is free, but all of the addons aren't, and
wow...the second one seems relatively expensive, almost $40 bucks for the basic program, and more for some of the add ons

Last edited by Jironobou; 21-08-2010 at 11:40 PM. Reason: rephrasing
Jironobou is offline                         Send a private message to Jironobou
Old 22-08-2010, 06:04 AM   #7
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I have downloaded that first one, and have to say while it seems like a good idea its is complicated to get running, and I am not sure how much it is going to be.
Old 27-08-2010, 03:51 AM   #8
Jironobou
Abandonia nerd

I would say we should get this show on the road, but I don't know the best place to start when it comes to making a character(besides obvious stuff like name, age, etc.)
Old 27-08-2010, 07:31 AM   #9
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Well we have already started making characters, and the sheets will be posted here soon hopefully. If you want me to help you make your character PM me your Skype details.
Old 27-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #10
Jironobou
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Well we have already started making characters, and the sheets will be posted here soon hopefully. If you want me to help you make your character PM me your Skype details.
well...I have to go download Skype then I guess