Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-01-2011, 02:51 AM   #151
Peyroteo

I´ve tried to play this when it first came out, but ia gave up at the time, I thought the game was too much difficult.
Peyroteo is offline                         Send a private message to Peyroteo
Old 04-03-2015, 03:36 PM   #152
eXoDOS
putting the eXo in DOS

Default 2 Versions

Just an added detail. The first release of GPM2 was Win 3.x and Win 95 compatible. The v1.2 update made it Win 95 compatible only. This is by far the most common version. I'm not sure how many copies of the original v1 were released, but every commercials copy and download copy online that I have come across so far is v1.2 or higher.

That said, I have been looking for a copy of v1.0 for over 2 years now. If anyone happens to have it, *please* let me know.
eXoDOS is offline                         Send a private message to eXoDOS
Old 02-11-2015, 10:27 AM   #153
Unregistered-AndreaPeg
Arrow INSTRUCTIONS - HOW TO RUN IN WINDOWS 7

Hello,

I can run it under Windows 7. I write some instructions: please take them 'as it is', even if they aren't a very efficient solution everyone can make them and maybe can help you.

1- Create the folder C:\GPM2 (or similar) and paste there the files, make sure that the folder "system" is there.

2- Go in C:\GPM2\system, right click on wind32.dll and give your user the permissions to manage this file, then do the same for all the other 4 files named "wing...".

3- Go in C:\GPM2, create a new text file, name it GPM2_RUN.BAT and paste the following content inside:
echo off
echo ### Will copy temporary the 32-bit DLLs - needs to be run as administrator - Press a key
pause
cd\
cd C:\GPM2
copy C:\GPM2\system\wing32.dll c:\windows\system32\wing32.dll
copy C:\GPM2\system\wing.dll c:\windows\system32\wing.dll
copy C:\GPM2\system\wingde.dll c:\windows\system32\wingde.dll
copy C:\GPM2\system\wingdib.drv c:\windows\system32\wingdib.drv
copy C:\GPM2\system\wingpal.wnd c:\windows\system32\wingpal.wnd
echo ###
echo ### PRESS A KEY TO START
echo ### (AFTER THE EXIT, PRESS A KEY AGAIN - TO RUN GPM_END.bat)
pause
GPM2.EXE
pause
CALL GPM_END.bat

4- Go in C:\GPM2, create a new text file, name it GPM2_END.BAT and paste the following content inside:
echo ### Will remove temporary the 32-bit DLLs - needs to be run as administrator - Press a key
pause
cd\
del c:\windows\system32\wing32.dll
del c:\windows\system32\wing.dll
del c:\windows\system32\wingde.dll
del c:\windows\system32\wingdib.drv
del c:\windows\system32\wingpal.wnd
echo ### END - TYPE EXIT

5- Go in Windows menu - > All programs - > Accessories , click with right mouse on "Command prompt" and then click on "Send to - > Desktop (create shortcut)"

6- Move the new link "Command Prompt" from Desktop to C:\GPM2

7- Right click on the new link "Command Prompt", select Properties, modify the item Destination from "%windir%\system32\cmd.exe" to "%windir%\system32\cmd.exe start /k "cd C:\GPM2"". Rename the link "Command prompt" to "GPM2 - RUN THIS AS ADMIN - TYPE GPM2_RUN"

8- Right click on GPM2.EXE, select Properties, then select the tab "Compatibility" and select "256 colors", "Run as administrator" and "Run as compatible with Win98"

9- Finally, right click on the new "GPM2 - RUN THIS... " link, select "Run as administrator", wait for the command window to open, then type GPM2_RUN to start it. If this doesn't run completely, try to launch GPM2.EXE as administrator manually.

Note: In C:\GPM2\system there is also a file GPM2MICP.INI, but for me it was not necessary to modify it.

Thank you for your attention.
Have fun!

Old 02-11-2015, 10:50 AM   #154
Unregistered-AndreaPeg

P.S. In Step 3, the last line should be CALL GPM2_END.bat

Old 18-03-2016, 06:24 PM   #155
rob110

NEED HELP JUST FOUND MY OLD DISC AND WAS WONDERING IS THERE ANY CHANCE I CAN PLAY THIS ON A MACBOOK PRO ?
rob110 is offline                         Send a private message to rob110
Old 07-04-2016, 10:42 PM   #156
Unregistered-KevNash

Anyone manage to get this working on Windows 7, I've moved the Wing32.dll file into the System32 folder (all of the files from the 'system' game folder infact) and still get the error saying not there, selected the option to run in Win95 and 256 Colour mode and still no joy, tried the CmdPrompt thing to and it just fails.

Anyone got any other ideas

Old 10-04-2016, 09:07 PM   #157
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

There is one slight problem, if you have x64 system. When x64 was introduced, MS made one quirky change to the Windows(es): any 64-bit exe sees System32 as system folder, but any 32-bit exe sees SysWOW64 folder instead as System32. So if your system is 64-bit, you need to put your files into SysWOW64, not in the System32 (I have no idea if it will work though, but System32 essentially invisible for 32-bit anyway).
Old 26-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #158
DaveTheMan
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by altzxaimer View Post
To ElectroGamer

As far as I have understand "spun off" is caused when the tires slip on the road.
Very high or very low tires temperature may cause the car to slip on the road.
If the tires are wear off, you also have the same problem.

Your drivers will tell you if the tire pressure is completely wrong, but they will not tell you the accurate pressure you have to use.
There is an optimum pressure that you have to find by yourself.
Higher than the optimum pressure makes the tires to wear off slower, but may lower the tires temperature while in race.
Lower pressure than the optimum will make the tire to wear off faster, and also may increase tires temperature.
The orders you have given to your drivers are also affecting the tires.

I would propose to save before a race and run the same race a lot of times.
Check often the tires condition and temperature and if you find that somthing is wrong rerun the race changing the tires pressure and the orders you give to the drivers.

Have Fun.
Where does the Driver tell you about Tire Pressure?
DaveTheMan is offline                         Send a private message to DaveTheMan
Old 26-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #159
DaveTheMan
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
That what I use. Put Windows 98 and on it and Grand Prix Manger 2 works Fine
DaveTheMan is offline                         Send a private message to DaveTheMan
Old 31-10-2016, 07:57 PM   #160
entelvais
Default rip?

Hello guys,can you tell me if this is a full rip of the game?I have the cd iso but the game folder inside is larger than the rip game offered here.If this is not a full rip,what exactly has been ripped from the game?Thank you