Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Your Reviews
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Cool

Let's get right down to it. As most of you know when it comes to playing games I get them in less than honest ways. With Sam and Max I figured I should be more honorable. So I got it with a free trial of Gametap.

Now time for my review. This game is amazing, stupendous, and marketable. And if you hate for me to say

things over again, too bad. Amazing, stupendous, and marketable. Now as far as this episode goes, its quite

good. In every way it feels like a Sam and Max episode should. Which is just like a coconut cordial slipping

down your throat while a arsenic poison bodily surfs it waves. The graphics are amazing. Simply put, the

Telltale team has done an amazing job on this. Everything feels vibrant and alive, though it would've been

funnier to me if the goldfish in their office was floating in the water, but IGN would've just called that lazy

animating. The voices, are AMAZING. I wasn't a fan of them myself at first, but I figured I'd give them a

chance, and I say DA** anyone who said they suck without playing the actual game!!!! Next up is the

music, the jazzy remixes of the 70s mixed with the doting contributions of furry animal blood Max would

provide if he had the change, adds to each amazing scene you visit. Each character is vibrant and most are

well animated (Bosco is an exception, he either needs to get some face cream or take an un expense paid

trip to the sun itself). The gags are amazingly funny as always (Sam: I once heard lava lamps make an

excellent hand cream. Max: Hey, I told you that! Sam: Which is why I haven't tried it.) I won't spoil

anymore, but do try to use the pistol on Max, Sams line and Max's reaction are hilarious. I would talk

about the story, but like I said I don't want to spoil, but I'd say its wacky enough to fit into a Sam and Max

game.

I say this retains most of the feel from the first game, so I give it a 9 out of 10. And anyone who disagrees can eat some of Max's cheese.

Max: Hey, Faw! That rhymed! Just what we need, more lame poetry.
Faw: *bang*

P.S. I manages to sneak a spoiler-free screenshot past Sam's greenish black nose.
Max: Thats not his natural nose color.
Me: UGHHHHH!!!!! I wish I could unsee that! *drops picture at the bottom of the topic*

Telltale Games - Home to Sam and Max
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury