Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
a1s
Hero Gamer

I had an Idea for a new game, you take some well know english text (in my case it is literary, but something like a famous songs lyrics, or a review on our site wil do), then take it several times through the translator (in my case it was english-> japanese->english, but feel free to go through 3 or 4 languages), then everyone has to guess where the text came from (preferably with a quote, but that isn't strictly necesary), the person who gets it posts the next piece of text.

I'll go first:

I give Pirrip, that tombstone and my sisters - as a surname of my father of the authority of the lady who gets married with the jaw Gargery train Osamu house. I never did not meet to my father or my mother because and, (day of between photograph of day it was) you did not look at those either resemblances under any condition directly before, it regards those which are the way, my first fantasy was obtained from the tombstone, irrationally. Shape of the letter of my father, gave the strange thought of loading the black hair of the curl that he square and the stout, was the dark person in me. From quality and revolution of inscription carving/moment letter, "and the wife of above-mentioned Georgiana," I put out the immature conclusion that my mother was freckled and the infirmity. It was rearranged in the edge correct line of side of the grave, and it was holy in memory of the sibling whose my ones 5 are small and the respective approximately feet and half it is long - who it gave to the rhombus of five a little stonework, in order you try and to obtain as for life and universal struggle thing very to be quick - holding in the heart which has everything which is born in the back section which loads the hand with the pants pocket taking those of this state of existence never and without being thing me I religion is a debt for being convinced.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 19-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #2
a1s
Hero Gamer

oh, come on! you should know this one. the author is a very faous british social writer.
Old 19-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

I just post so you know you are not abandoned (even if it would fit on an abandonware forum :whistle: ). I have no idea whatsoever what that text is, but i do like this new game's idea, and tremendously enjoy the weird result you posted ! k:
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 19-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #4
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Can my quote be Little Britain? "He wass ... was .. a milled ... mild man..." 's Dickens, isn't it?
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 19-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #5
a1s
Hero Gamer

yes, it's Dickens allright, but not from "Little Britain".
Old 19-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes, I didn't mean that my answer was Little Britain, just that my quote was from it. Can't remember which novel that is though - Nick Nickleby?

EDIT: Great Expectations, that's the one.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 19-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #7
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Feb 20 2006, 12:55 AM
Great Expectations, that's the one.
of course! k:
your turn.
Old 19-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #8
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Might be a bit easy, this one - it's been from English to Spanish and back, then to Portugese and back, and I reckon it's still too easy Still, "blue coarse linen cloth pants" makes it worthwhile

He has a house in New Orle?es, they call the sun the ascension and is the ruin of many to the poor boy - and the god who I know that I am one my mother was tailor. Sewed my new blue coarse linen cloth pants. My father was a man of the game for low in New Orle?es. Now the only thing that a player needs is one suitcase and the trunk and the only time the one who is satisfied is when drunkard is in one. The mother of the Oh says its children to n?o.fazer what I made. Pass its lives in sin and the misery in the house of the sun of the ascension.
Old 19-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #9
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Sounds like "Animals - The House of the Rising Sun".

Am-C-D-F, Am-C-E7 (Am-E-Am-E7).
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 19-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #10
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Told you it was too easy