Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-08-2005, 08:43 PM   #21
AD

I FINALLY BEAT THIS INFERNAL GAME!

I got this game when I was EIGHT, for our Tandy 1000. I just recently found it again, played it, and BEAT that bitch. ALL eight towers! FINALLY CONQUERED!!!

And LITERALLY, without a second to spare!

I am so f-ing proud of myself right now.

EAT IT DR. ATOMBENDER. EAT IT.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:53 AM   #22
Vic Evans

Anyone want a copy of the manual? I have an original manual from the game when it first came out. I can scan it and send it to you or stick it up on a web page if you would prefer.

Just email me. Marmalade_man@hotmail.com

I used to love this game back then. Unfortuanately, it used to crash whenever I got my score up high

Best wishes,

Vic

Old 16-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #23
saltlakeryan
Lurker

Hey,

Does anybody know how to use the objects you pick up? I've tried all the keys and nothing seems to work.

thanks,

ryan
saltlakeryan is offline                         Send a private message to saltlakeryan
Old 22-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #24
Miro

hi

Does someone know why the game only runs from floppy but not from harddisk?

thx

Old 31-07-2006, 02:27 AM   #25
Obiken Kenobi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AD @ Aug 24 2005, 07:14 AM) [snapback]147155[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Anyone know what you push to save the game?
[/b]
To save a game: push alt + S ,when you do this it appears nothing has happened, but the game IS saved
to restore push F1 key this takes you to score screen then press anykey when asked if you want to play saved game press Y then you will be at saved point.

Old 19-08-2006, 12:59 AM   #26

Um how do i get it to work on WinXp. having some problems...can't play it at all>>>??

Old 19-08-2006, 01:15 AM   #27
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 19 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]249557[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Um how do i get it to work on WinXp. having some problems...can't play it at all>>>??
[/b]

You need to use DosBox. It's kinda like an emulator that makes your pc think it is an older pc.
You can download DoxBox from here - http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=programs

k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 22-08-2006, 10:16 AM   #28
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Nope, from here.

If you have any problems with it, try having a look at the official FAQ on the DosBox site.
Basic Setup and Installation
Command Line
Z instead of C at the command prompt
Internal Programs (important, especially MOUNT)
Most of the stuff in there is not really needed, but you would do best to familiarize yourself with the specific topics I linked to.
The mounting of your DosBox games directory, switching the promt to the emulated C: drive and clearing the screen from previous commands can all be executed from the [autoexec] section of dosbox.conf, so you won't have to re-type them every time round.
Frontend programs can help running DosBox with varying configurations for different games.
For both a more accessible user interface and oldschool feel, you can use Norton Commander (get it from our programs and utilities page - scroll down to the bottom to find it). NC might seem awkward at first, but in fact it is a very functional genuine DOS era file manager frontend. It has a plethora of functions that will help you in navigating around the directories, while still retaining the command prompt.

Though all of this might seem complicated, it's very easy once you get used to it. So remember:

DON'T PANIC!!!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #29
Horoma
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Aug 22 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]250174[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
For both a more accessible user interface and oldschool feel, you can use Norton Commander (get it from our programs and utilities page - scroll down to the bottom to find it). NC might seem awkward at first, but in fact it is a very functional genuine DOS era file manager frontend. It has a plethora of functions that will help you in navigating around the directories, while still retaining the command prompt.
[/b]
Wow, I used to be a NC-addict in the old days. Since Windows, I forgot all about it. I wasn't aware people were still using it these days. I must agree : NC rules to make DOS more easy to navigate. Must definitely re-install.

On-topic : IM2, man what a great game, defenitely one of my all time favourites. Note to self : must really play it again. Curious that, when you play an old game again, it often seems quite different than how you remembered it. Probably just because you have now a whole arsenal of games to compare it with. Hope I'll still like IM2 as much as I used to.
Horoma is offline                         Send a private message to Horoma
Old 22-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #30
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Wow, I used to be a NC-addict in the old days. Since Windows, I forgot all about it. I wasn't aware people were still using it these days. I must agree : NC rules to make DOS more easy to navigate. Must definitely re-install.[/b]
I think you might like Total Commander, then... all the functionality of Norton Commander - and twice that more - and it's designed to work under Windows. Very convenient, that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman