Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-01-2006, 11:11 AM   #11
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yeah yellow is worthless. Pikachu is worthless in the game if you can't evolve it.

The pokemon in the new games are odd, I prefer the older ones, but Ruby and Saphire has a lot more to offer in terms of game play. It took me about 56 hours to finish Ruby.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 23-01-2006, 12:37 PM   #12
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Crystal is the best and last Pokemon adventure on Game Boy Color.

The Stadium games on 64 were a little poor. It was just fighting (altought i enjoyed the hillarious Likitung mini-game.).
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 25-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #13
Calamity
Game freak

While I personally have the fondest memories of playing Blue over and over, Silver was excellent as well.

I personally would just say to go in order, namely because in my opinion the newer ones aren't very good and it's best to be started off when the series was great.
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 25-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #14
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I enjoyed Gold and Silver the most.
The second chain was the best, until now where we have Ruby and etc. which really aren't much different.

The new one on the Gamecube was decent, and so was Pokemon Stadium on the original. My worst move was when I bought "Hey, You Pikachu" used for five dollars, it was terrible.
Pokemon snap is the best non-handheld Pokemon.

Quote:
P.S. - I have strictly given up playing roms, all you cheap bastards out there who can't go buy a game because you can "play it on your PC" need to get a life and pay money to our industry.

Illegal roms are just as bad as warez, you're hurting the industry's economy just as badly as any download of Half Life 2.

P.P.S. - Emulators are also bull, if it's Super Nintendo, I understand, but keep your filthy hands off of GBA and Playstation games thank you.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 26-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #15
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Jan 25 2006, 10:08 PM
My worst move was when I bought "Hey, You Pikachu" used for five dollars, it was terrible.
Ive always wanted to try that game.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 26-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #16
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by TheChosen+Jan 26 2006, 07:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheChosen @ Jan 26 2006, 07:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Blood-Pigggy@Jan 25 2006, 10:08 PM
My worst move was when I bought "Hey, You Pikachu" used for five dollars, it was terrible.
Ive always wanted to try that game. [/b][/quote]
It's fun the first few minutes.
Then you'll just start screaming curses at the stupid yellow sack of s**t to listen to what you're saying.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 26-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #17
LeD
Abandonia nerd

I remember play Blue and Red Version when they first came out...along with the Yellow one starring Pickachu. If I had a choice I'd definitely play one of those again, as the story line is fresh and original. I feel as if Pokemon has been overdone, but done well in the lines of keeping up with all competitors (Digimon, Yugi-o or whatever, etc.)
LeD is offline                         Send a private message to LeD
Old 27-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #18
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Pokemon hasn't had to do anything to keep up with the competition because the competition is crap.

One thing I'd like to see changed in the pokemon games though is the battles, a real time system would be great, similar to the Megaman Battle Network Games. There are to be some pokemon games to come out on DS and I'm hoping for something like this.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow