Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #21
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try changing the output mode in DosBox.conf.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #22
DePe

Hallo!

Im playing USM98 on my Win XP computer...Do the followning to get it work, it worked for me:
Press the right mousebutton on the usm98-99.exe file, then properties, then compatibiliety (Im not so good at spelling). Then choose Run under Windows 95, after that you press ok.
Enjoy the great classic game!
I hope it works for you too.
Have A Nice Carrier!
Daniel

Old 06-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #23
smierlo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(falconbe @ Feb 7 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]204611[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I still have the original CD of this game (french version). Did anyone manage to play the game under XP. I always get a screen divided in 2.

Don't tell me to use DosBOX as this game was not develop for dos it impossible to make it run with this program.

Thanks in advance for helping me .
[/b]
You talk about USM 98/99 not USM2. USM2 is made for DOS, USM 98/99 doesn't work under DOS or Windows XP. I have both originals, and I'm playing USM2 under DOSBOX en USM98/99 with an windows 98 pc.

good luck

Old 10-07-2006, 11:53 PM   #24
Vavel

Hello,

This might be like a bottle in the sea, but i try:

I've trying to play usm2 again recently. DosBox gives me a weird bug: I don't have youth players (aged 17) at the start of each season. Every player grow old each season and with no-one to replace them, the game stops after a few seasons : No-one to hire and not enough players in the team to play.

Anyone got an idea?

Thx

Old 11-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #25
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vavel @ Jul 11 2006, 12:53 AM) [snapback]242590[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hello,

This might be like a bottle in the sea, but i try:

I've trying to play usm2 again recently. DosBox gives me a weird bug: I don't have youth players (aged 17) at the start of each season. Every player grow old each season and with no-one to replace them, the game stops after a few seasons : No-one to hire and not enough players in the team to play.

Anyone got an idea?

Thx
[/b]
That it is a bug strange, but it is better try to install the game again...it may work :w00t:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 11-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #26

No, reinstalling doesn't change anything, but I think I found a way, not to solve completely the problem, but at least to keep playing. I edit the savegame (USMF0001.SVE) with a hex editor (ultra-edit). I can edit the age of all players so they get younger.

(So it can help : The first not-null byte right after the player name is the age).

The weirdest thing is that at the end of the list of players (in the savegame), there is youth players! I just don't see them in the transfert list (and the other teams don't seem to see them either).

If I was not so lazy I would try to understand where in the file it is written which players belong to my team.

I think now the only people that can do something are the developers of the game. Someone know their e-mail adress? Should I write to sierra (I think they bought Impressions)?

Old 12-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #27

I found something interesting : My scout sees 17 years old players. They are in european teams, and in CN1A (in the france league), but not in division 1 (where I am). They seem to buy every young player before I can have the time to at least see them in the beginning of the new seaon.

I think that some CPU-speed difference is the origin of the problem, and even dosbox doesn't emulate perfectly (I have some weird bugs on other games too). But no problem, I know that young players are there somewhere. The game can keep going on...

Old 21-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #28
gkirby

okay im annoyed with this game i love it and i can play it god sake. can someone plz go step to step wit it coz it crashes after every first game i got a dosbox but dunno how to use. im new to this see.

Old 21-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #29
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gkirby @ Jul 21 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]244295[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
okay im annoyed with this game i love it and i can play it god sake. can someone plz go step to step wit it coz it crashes after every first game i got a dosbox but dunno how to use. im new to this see.
[/b]
Go HERE, and you will learn to use Dosbox. k:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 30-08-2006, 02:37 AM   #30

is dosbox the only way cos i reallly wana play thsi agme bt cant use dosbox to save my life?????