Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
ianphillips2347
Forum hobbit

Default Lords Of Chaos

Hiya guys.

Okay, the game Im looking for may not be a PC game (Im really hoping it is though as Id love to play it again) I remember playing it on the C64 - but I know you lot can help me.

I can pretty much remember everything about the game but the name eludes me, I guess thats age I must have played this game about 18 years ago.

Anyway, at the title screen you could choose the name of our wizard, his characteristics and spells (which were magic spells and creatures). Once the game loaded, you (the wizard) were in a room / house and could only summon creatures as your points ran out after that.

In the second round (it was a turn based game) you could move your wizard and your creatures / cast more spells.

The aim of the game was to kill the opposing wizard or reach the portal (how you made the portal come, I cant remember unfortunately).

So, please help! I spent far to many hours of my youth playing this game and now Im older and wiser, would love to spend a few more playing it again

Any other details needed please ask
ianphillips2347 is offline                         Send a private message to ianphillips2347
Old 22-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Ah! Good question!

In the beginning was Chaos. Jullian Gollop created it.

Then Chaos begin to evolve, gaining weight and suddenly Lords of Chaos arisen and begin theirs magnificient battles.

But this is must be only one, remember? So only one remained indeed. He travels on the glorious fields of human mythology, bearing Magic and Mayhem with him and defeating Old Evil. Then he learned The Art of Magic and do it second time.

Well, this is the end for his history. For now.

If you are not in "second hand" software, that is. Otherwise you can also look for attempts of different people or other different people to recreate old magnificient Chaos.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 22-03-2011 at 04:29 AM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 22-03-2011, 05:22 AM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Smiling Spectre hit the nail head on with the Gollops.

If you want a more modern game created by the Gollops, do a search for Laser Squad Nemesis.
Old 22-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
ianphillips2347
Forum hobbit

Thankyou so much Smiling Spectre. It was Lords Of Choas.....bought back many fond memories

Now........the challenge of finding somewhere I can get a playable PC version.

Thanks for all the help
ianphillips2347 is offline                         Send a private message to ianphillips2347
Old 05-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
Fantasy Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianphillips2347 View Post
Thankyou so much Smiling Spectre. It was Lords Of Choas.....bought back many fond memories

Now........the challenge of finding somewhere I can get a playable PC version.

Thanks for all the help
Any luck finding a copy of this guys, I really want to play it again, have the spectrum copy on my ipod but it is not as good as the ST version I used to play :-(
Fantasy Freak is offline                         Send a private message to Fantasy Freak
Old 06-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
ianphillips2347
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Freak View Post
Any luck finding a copy of this guys, I really want to play it again, have the spectrum copy on my ipod but it is not as good as the ST version I used to play :-(
Hiya Fantasy.

Smiling Spectre has been a great help Unfortunately, there isn't a PC version but with either an Amiga or Atari ST Emulator this site is great (that Smiling Spectre provided me lol)

http://amigalordsofchaos.tripod.com/

Sorry, no idea how to do that clever 'put the link into a word thing'
Old 06-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #7
ianphillips2347
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Hiya Fantasy.

Smiling Spectre has been a great help Unfortunately, there isn't a PC version but with either an Amiga or Atari ST Emulator this site is great (that Smiling Spectre provided me lol)

http://amigalordsofchaos.tripod.com/

Sorry, no idea how to do that clever 'put the link into a word thing'

Only trouble here is that I used to play it on the Amiga but for some reason I cant seem to find the Kickstart things to make WinUAE to run the game and the Amiga version has the expansion levels too
Old 10-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
Fantasy Freak

Default Mission Acomplished

Quote:
Only trouble here is that I used to play it on the Amiga but for some reason I cant seem to find the Kickstart things to make WinUAE to run the game and the Amiga version has the expansion levels too
Hi Ian

I have LOC and the expansion now. You need to download http://steem.atari.st/beginners.htm and if you go to http://chaos-squad.com/g_loc_files.html you can get the disk images for both, I was on it until 3.30pm last night!
The game is still really good, just wished he'd have made 2/3 more multiplayer levels, and although magic and mayhem was a good game it didn't have the same strategy feel and lacked the multiplayer hotseat element (my friends used to have to shut there eyes when it was my turn, lol). Imagine if they re-did it on Steam and XBOX arcade, one can only dream.........

P.S. Julian Gallop has made a new game on the headache inducing 3DS, he is on facebook spam him to re-do Lords of Chaos on the PC :-)

P.P.S. Why would you want the Amiga version when the ST was so much better :-p
Fantasy Freak is offline                         Send a private message to Fantasy Freak
Old 20-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #9
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

Meets Abandonia's Definition of Abandonware, neither the developer or the publisher are protected by the ESA, and it isn't sold anywhere. Therefore...

Lords of Chaos - [APPROVED]

EDIT: To those Abandonia staffers who are wondering if Lords of Chaos has a DOS version, see this MobyGames page.

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010

Last edited by Expack2; 20-04-2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Made it clear how there is a MS-DOS version of this game.
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2