Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #101
Mousazz
Game freak

Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 25 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]276428[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Remember to get the weapons improvement in this mission too!
[/b]
umm, you mean to load weapon, then use purple button and call enterprice to beam it up? so that later, then you beam up, you get weapons improvement? or what you mean (sorry, i'm unsure about this ).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 25 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]276428[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Yes, heal him and then witness him accidentally destroy the data storage (remember to have it downloaded by Spock before that happens).

Remember to get the weapons improvement in this mission too!
[/b]
sorry, i didn't experimented on "another fine mess", so i'll edit my walkthrough as soon as i'll experiment that level.
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 29-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #102
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
umm, you mean to load weapon, then use purple button and call enterprice to beam it up? so that later, then you beam up, you get weapons improvement? or what you mean huh.gif (sorry, i'm unsure about this unsure.gif ).[/b]
Yups.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-02-2007, 12:47 AM   #103

Can someone help me? I think there's an error in the game or something because I'm stuck in mission 5. When I've beamed back to the ship with the aztec god - the mission seems to reset itself?! The Klingons don't come and when I talk to the crew - they say we should beam down to the planet and find the criminal? So I do and I get stuck with the aztec god and the pit all over again!?
I had, had the non combat patch installed because I was slaughtered in the battles - but I'm still getting no where with the patch uninstalled. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help, please?

Old 14-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #104
Spidey7

I LOVED Judgement Rites, and now I'm trying to play the 25th Anniversary edition, but I can't get any sound effects or music out of it. Judgement Rites worked fine, so I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have run the set up and tried to set it for every sound card option available, but still no dice. I haven't seen anyone else on this board that has had a problem, so if ANYONE knows how I can turn on the sound effects and music I would be eternally grateful. I am dying to play this game, but it's just not the same without the old 70's sounds. I'm running it on Windows XP. Thanks to anyone who can help. Spidey

Old 15-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #105
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

This is a typical problem. You are trying to run a DOS game in plain Windows - and that, my friend, is not going to work.
DosBox is a better way of running the game - one that ensures the sound to work.
You can download DosBox here.

I advise you to check out the official DosBox FAQ, and particularly this part of it. It is quite helpful for users unfamiliar with DosBox.

An alternate option is VDMSound, which you can get from our programs page.

In either case, the default sound hardware emulation setting which must be matched in game's sound config utility is Sound Blaster 16, IRQ 7, DMA 1, Adress 220h.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-03-2007, 01:16 AM   #106

Thanks Horseman #5. I got the DosBox to work, but the sound was the same. Maybe it's not the sound that's the problem, but MY expectations of the game. I played "Judgement Rites" first, which had all of the great Alexander Courage music from the 60's show during the game, as well as other neat sound effects (the accurate sound of Phasers and Transporters and Warp engines etc.) When I tried to play the 25th Anniversary all I could get were a few rudimentary beeps and bloops. Not much real music to speak of and a very few weak sound effects. I assumed that something was wrong with the way I had set it up, but it plays the same way on DosBox. Do both games sound the same? Or did they just do a much better job with the sound on "Judgement Rites"? Maybe the 25th is working just fine and I just assumed that it would sound the same as J.R. Has anyone played both? The graphics look the same on both. Is the sound different between the two?

Old 26-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #107
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The sound/music should be the same as in Judgment Rites. If they aren't, the game is not configured correctly.

Run the game's setup program and set it to use the values I gave you at the end of my last post.

-- Reed Richards
Old 19-11-2007, 01:05 AM   #108
FuzzlyFerret

I'm not sure if this problem has been addressed before, but...

On the third level (Love's Labour Lost), whenever I try to pick up the vent screen from the floor (to obtain the insulation), the "need something to pry this open" message appears, like when it's attached to the wall. When I USE the wrench on the screen, Kirk just puts it back in the wall again. I can't go forward without that insulation. What's going on?

Old 19-11-2007, 06:20 AM   #109
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

IIRC, the insulation is not in the vent screen but rather in the hole it covered in the wall.

-- Reed Richards
Old 21-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #110
Donners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Do both games sound the same? Or did they just do a much better job with the sound on "Judgement Rites"? Maybe the 25th is working just fine and I just assumed that it would sound the same as J.R. Has anyone played both? The graphics look the same on both. Is the sound different between the two?
I have the Enhanced CD version of each (with voice-overs) and the sound is pretty much the same. I hadn't realised the audio cues from the series were used in the games until I started going through the TOS DVDs.
Donners is offline                         Send a private message to Donners