Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #61
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Cause you were reading only the first page of the thread, see?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #62
kr8uty

yes i see now, i wrote that before i realised there was a forum, also most of the other games i looked at hadnt many recent posts
kr8uty is offline                         Send a private message to kr8uty
Old 30-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #63
oclane
Forum hobbit

Smile

the whole monkey island series is great but i wish lucas arts would make more of them their so great
oclane is offline                         Send a private message to oclane
Old 07-07-2006, 12:33 PM   #64
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Lay off the exclamation marks. That many are a clear sign of an unhinged mind.

And no amount of whining will get them to release that game, capice?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #65
Nazo

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman)</div>
Quote:
Lay off the exclamation marks. That many are a clear sign of an unhinged mind.

And no amount of whining will get them to release that game, capice?[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Terry Pratchett

"And all those exclamation points? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."
-- Terry Pratchett, Maskerade

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest

I can only say one thing.... CURSE YOU ESA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or perhaps LucasArts?
Actually though, I do agree. ESA is spending insane amounts of money and time to threaten, sue, and otherwise prevent people from hosting anything that they protect. This is fine for things that need protecting, but, for some reason they seem to be a bit obsessive about it to the extent that they insist on still protecting things that not only are no longer being sold, but, in some cases where the original company that made it no longer even exists! I think I have even read about some case where an original author really wanted to release it to the public, but, the ESA wouldn't allow it. Heck, Sierra stopped selling games like Quest for Glory or Gabriel Knight (god I wish there were more games like GK1) a long time ago after all. In fact, Sierra as those of us in here know them no longer exists. Now it's just a name to stamp on a box (they officially closed the doors more than a year ago now I think.) Of course, that doesn't prevent the ESA from not allowing people to download those classics. Many people will never be exposed to this quality of game because the only option to get it is to dig all over the internet and to maybe buy some old used scratched up CD off of ebay or give your credit card information to a company running the cheapest site you've ever seen. Many just aren't going to do it, but, would gladly give such things a shot if it were just a free download. (This especially annoys me because, besides the fact that people like me who remember these old things can't go back and get them if we lost our original discs, there is also the fact that since people aren't exposed to the kind of quality you used to get, they think games like Halo are the greatest thing since sliced bread, when, in fact, they are just a different way of slicing the stale old bread that has been around since 1990 or so whenever Wolfenstein 3D was released.)

All that said, they can't let you put up links, so please don't do so. It's not their fault, but, if they allow people to start posting links to a game that's no longer sold in any form but is protected by the ESA, the ESA will get on their backs about it with threats or even actual lawsuits (and typically people who provide free services funded only by a small banner can't afford to keep providing services AND pay off lawsuits...) The fact is, the sites that do allow links go down and the links go bad in a hurry, so I know you might be thinking that it's better to let a link be on here, but, it will get cut down so fast that it's generally worthless anyway.

Anyway, back on track a bit. I had been meaning to try these games out sooner or later, but, I must admit I just never got around to it. I picked up a couple of CDs a good while back (sorry, don't remember where anymore) and have never gotten around to it. Now that DOSBox is starting to get reliable (somehow ScummVM just doesn't seem to be right for me) and I get nice things like 2xSaI shaders while the games actually run an acceptable speed, I'm starting to dig out old discs. I think Monkey Island 1 and 2 will be one of the first things I dig out. Speaking of which, why does only Monkey Island 2 seem to be on this site?
Nazo is offline                         Send a private message to Nazo
Old 13-11-2006, 11:58 PM   #66
A_W
Lurker

Hey there, I was wondering if anybody could tell me what site I could buy either Monkey Island, or Monkey Island 2 at? I used to play them on my mom's amiga as a kid, and would really like to have it again. Any info would be awesome.

Thanks
Old 14-11-2006, 12:39 AM   #67
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(A_W @ Nov 14 2006, 12:58 AM) [snapback]266820[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Hey there, I was wondering if anybody could tell me what site I could buy either Monkey Island, or Monkey Island 2 at? I used to play them on my mom's amiga as a kid, and would really like to have it again. Any info would be awesome.

Thanks
[/b]
You can buy the Monkey Island games from Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_vg_h_/...s=monkey+island

k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 07-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #68

I see that the games are now available again...what happened?

Old 08-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #69
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

This happened.

-- Reed Richards
Old 09-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #70

I can't seem to get past the copy protection screen :blink: am i doing something wrong? as far as i remember you placed the "cut" of the recipe in the ingredient's column and then entered the combination...no?