Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #31
Guest_Peter_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Peter_* @ Feb 20 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]280259[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi I just purchased the game but I need help running it.

I have DOS-BOT but I do not know the exact commands to execute the game to work on it. If anyone could help me out it would be appreciated.
[/b]

Nevermind I fixed my problem and the game still works great!

Old 21-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #32
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If you have any further problems with it, you might want to check out the official DosBox FAQ, and particularly this part of it. It is quite helpful for users unfamiliar with DosBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #33
Joe Fajita

You know this game is on the Underdogs. While I'm not sure if this is *cough* illegal *cough*, how do you get that version running? it's just 3 weird zips.
Joe Fajita is offline                         Send a private message to Joe Fajita
Old 26-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #34
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

umm well. unzip it?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:07 PM   #35

This is a really good game, needs some concentration, lots of tatics...
But someone knows about any other games like this?

Old 02-09-2007, 01:53 AM   #36
acetaminophen

SEAL team was an awesome game for it's time. I also had problems running it in dosbox but nothing like a good old 486dx with a 120mb HD and dos6.0
acetaminophen is offline                         Send a private message to acetaminophen
Old 16-11-2007, 03:14 AM   #37

This has to be one of the first games I really go into. As per a few post above posts i moved on to similar simulation, free roaming games operation flashpoint and now armed assualt. I have been running a clan for 5 years now and my love of these games comes from the hours i spent playing Seal Team.

I waited till OFP came out to find a game that had similar playability......EA really did miss the boat on this one by not updating the game with similar game play options....OFP made codemasters a lot of money!

Old 14-01-2008, 03:01 AM   #38
Banjo

SEAL Team was a random buy at a computer show I was at back when I was a teenager... I knew nothing about it but took a chance on it (I remember buying that and Leisure Suit Larry Larry 5, which was also new out).

SEAL Team was an instant favourite, and to this day I think it's he best "squad based" war game, with a fantastic sense of realism and atmosphere. I am stunned that EA still haven't "updated" it (though I suspect any "remake" would suck compared to the original, since it would be made far more "arcade-y" and simple).

Cheers,
Banjo

PS Anyone have that SEAL Team Weapons Utility that was posted a while back (broken link)?!

Last edited by Banjo; 17-09-2008 at 04:02 AM.
Banjo is offline                         Send a private message to Banjo
Old 12-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #39
daerdevil

Sorry for just goggling at all these great titles. Seal Team was one of those perfect games. The manual alone was worth the price of admission. I too moved on to OFP, which is the only game that ever came close to this one (although Rainbow Six always reminded me of Seal Team). I never had much luck with air support though...damn Broncos and Cobras always seemed to kill me, even when I was no where near the action. I always chalked it up to a glitch. At night, I still hear those crickets.
daerdevil is offline                         Send a private message to daerdevil
Old 20-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #40
humorguy
Super Freak

For a game that cannot be downloaded, it sure is a pleasure to see so many comments! And so many people saying 'just bought this...'! This really is a class game of huge proportions. How they got all they got into this game given the memory constraints, etc is amazing!

Oh, and with a lot of older games, like this one, you had titles being signed by EA and other large publishers, not from developers, like now, but from individuals or small/part-time programmers. Such is it with SEAL Team. The game was developed, researched and programmed by vets with a huge interest in the subject matter and with years of research. These guys got signed up by Bill Fawcett and Associates, a small book publisher, who represented them and got the EA deal. All EA were were the distributors. That's all. They did no coding, no development, no research. They just printed the manual, box and game CD. That's it. There are many unsung heroes when it comes to games like SEAL Team, individuals and small teams of dedicated people who loved the subject matter!

The two guys that actually designed this great game were Andre Gagnon & Sonny Hays-Eberts. THEY are the one's that deserve our adulation for the game. We need only thank EA for getting the game into the stores so we could buy it, but these guys did the 24 hour days and the huge research and the great coding to make this game what it is - a work of dedication that we can all see as it shines so brightly in the game!

Last edited by humorguy; 20-03-2008 at 10:58 AM.
humorguy is offline                         Send a private message to humorguy