Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #61
WERTA

Default WoE maps viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPDA
Is there any news on that remake, or possibly sequel? I'd love to see one, in addition has anybody confirmed the existence of the level editor? I'd love to mess around with the levels and/or create new ones!
In august 2013 I have made maps viewer for removing of the bug with lifts in WoE Level 7. This viewer can open and display 10 layers 128x128, door objects, monsters objects, sprite objects and ammo items. Unfortunately, I could not understand the group indexation for wall textures (four textures, one for each N,E,W,S sides). Look at this screen (Level 8 - Orbital Command Center):

On old-games.ru we can remove the bug with lift in WoE Level7. The patcher is coming soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPDA
I was wondering if it is possible to find the music for this game? I'd love to stick it on my mp3 player (converted of course).
It seems that music is in the snd.bin file from woe.rsc collection.

Last edited by WERTA; 13-09-2013 at 01:20 AM.
WERTA is offline                         Send a private message to WERTA
Old 14-09-2013, 02:12 AM   #62
MTPDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERTA View Post
In august 2013 I have made maps viewer for removing of the bug with lifts in WoE Level 7. This viewer can open and display 10 layers 128x128, door objects, monsters objects, sprite objects and ammo items. Unfortunately, I could not understand the group indexation for wall textures (four textures, one for each N,E,W,S sides). Look at this screen (Level 8 - Orbital Command Center):

On old-games.ru we can remove the bug with lift in WoE Level7. The patcher is coming soon...

It seems that music is in the snd.bin file from woe.rsc collection.
Thanks, I've yet to determine the stream type for the snd.bin, it's not like the others. Any ideas?
MTPDA is offline                         Send a private message to MTPDA
Old 23-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #63
SledgeNE

Hello together :-)

i am very confused on the Level Transmission Complex. The Quest is to destroy the dish. I read on a picture from a picture gallery i must cut four cables in the Control Room of this Station. But where can i find the knife or scissor or how can i cut the cables? I would be very happy if you could help me. Many thanks in advance. :-)

Old 23-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #64
WERTA

Default WoE Level4 walkthrough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeNE View Post
Hello together :-)

i am very confused on the Level Transmission Complex. The Quest is to destroy the dish. I read on a picture from a picture gallery i must cut four cables in the Control Room of this Station. But where can i find the knife or scissor or how can i cut the cables? I would be very happy if you could help me. Many thanks in advance. :-)
No problems, SledgeNE.

1. You need to visit one NPC in medical isolator at the beginning of level. He will tell you about four entrances to four transmitter cables and what you need make to enter in each.
2. After that NPC you need to get Laser Cutter in the Cargo Storage (large zone with boxes at the East from beginning of level near waste basin). The Laser Cutter is located among the boxes at SE part of storage.
3. After getting Laser Cutter you may to proceed in Offices. There you can find few clipdoards. At on of the clipboards will be typed three-digits code. This code you need to enter from west to first cable. To enter to the second cable (from south) you need to jump at small teleports. Jump only at disabled teleports. At third entrance (form East) you need to ran through energy channel with red flying blasts. And last entrance (from North) you need correctly switch force field walls.
4. Near each cable you need to cut cable. Select Laser Cutter in inventory and press U (Use).
5. After cutting last cable you will have only five minutes to run at the level beginning. There you need enable series of last four switches near exit teleporter (read and blue color). Begin to enable far switcher at right side and further perform your path to other switches like “X“ letter.

If you understand Russian, you can read my walkthrough on old-games.ru
WoE walkthrough
And if you can not read Russian text, you may read in my walkthrough only the X,Y coordinates for important points in each level.
Old 23-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #65
SledgeNE

@ WERTA

Thank you so much! :-) It tooked me days of searching. I like this game, but it is so complicated. But a great little milestone in PC-Games History in the 90's. Unfortunately i don't speak russian and my english is not the very best. I'm from germany and i read many days here in the forum. I have the CD-Version from WOE.

Old 23-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #66
WERTA

Quote:
@ WERTA

Thank you so much! :-) It tooked me days of searching. I like this game, but it is so complicated. But a great little milestone in PC-Games History in the 90's. Unfortunately i don't speak russian and my english is not the very best. I'm from germany and i read many days here in the forum. I have the CD-Version from WOE.
SledgeNE, thanks for your words. I have been looked up this beautiful game in far-far 2007. But I couldn't to pass whole game because I had no free time in that years. The 2013 was decisive year when 26.06.2013 I began to resurrect attention to Wrath of Earth from the deepest oblivion. It was began just from here, from this Abandonia theme. In July I have took an interview with Dave Faller. He is one of the autors of WoE. You can see this interview (see English text under CUT-tag at the begin of interview Russian text).

Interview

In July-August 2013 we managed to analize all formats of files in woe.rsc collection. At 04/08/2013 the Russian translation works were begin. And at 05/09/2013 I have made last corrections. So we have a Russian version of Wrath of Earth. Look videos in my channel at YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2XybXtGmU

The game is very hard. You may ask me about any question what you will have at WoE levels maps. Warning! At the level 7 you will encounter one mappers critical bug with lift when return from ice mines. We repair this bug and I hope that in this week the patcher will be done.

You wrote that you have a game CD. May I ask you about manual (Deutsche or English)? I have never heard about WoE-manual and I thought that there no manual in both WoE disk version (ENG and DEU).
Old 24-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #67
SledgeNE

Back in the year 1995, i was on a german Computer Convention in Duesseldorf. It was nothing big, not like a gamescom, but it was every year like a little E3 for me. Blockbuster Games was showing on a big TV ( for example Hexen, Terminal Velocity, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D every year later) and in 1995, i think it must be in October (Hexen was released and i bought a copy from there), i saw Wrath of Earth on a screen. I believe it was a self running demo, but i'm not sure. The Game looks really pretty, but at this time i don't had more money for buying this. But some years later i found a german full version on a market place. I bought it, and finally i've got it. At home i want to install and for the next years i arrived the error "insufficient XMS/EMS memory". I thought i bought a defect copy. In the old years, games could have corrupted files on CD-Versions. I was very sadly. In autumn of 2004 i get Internet with 56 k Modem (very horrible ;-)) and i looked for tutorials and solutions to run WOE. And yeah, with dosbox it worked. I thought WOE would be a FPS like Doom, find a keycard, defaeat the enemies and go to Level-Exit. I tooked years to understand this was like a roleplaying game. :-)

Yes, there is a german Manual in the Box. It has some pages with information, about Story, Controls, Enemies and a very little Walkthorugh for the first Level and the Cheats are listed. The Manual is in black-white. German Version was published by CDV. I don't have a USK-Sticker on the Cover.

Old 24-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #68
SledgeNE

It's very great that you create a WOE-Version in your language. It must be very big work.

Old 24-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #69
WERTA

Quote:
I tooked years to understand this was like a roleplaying game. :-)
In my opinion it is not RPG. The WoE is typical 3D-shooter with various and many cool features. I have managed count these innovation features, released in game:
• dynamic lighting
• change color palette in the gameplay
• translucency (implementation of point fills )
• subtle texture walls ( destructible , permeable , impermeable)
• carried inventory items
• a limited number of slots for inventory items
• destruction (damage) of some carried inventory items
• interaction with carried inventory items (pick up , use , throw it away)
• interaction with triggers (contact pressure or shot)
• interaction with NPC (receiving items , conversation , valuable information)
• interaction with the physical factors (temperature , radiation)
• interaction with static lighting (battery recharging)
• interaction with the surface of the floor ( the sound of footsteps , sliding)
• complex multi-level damage model
• landscapes (animated backs and sky)
• implementation of the displacement at a constant rate (moving of character) on the map
• use beveled at 45 deg. diagonal edges of sectors
• use on the maps textured thin quarter-blocks in two orientations of their location on the main sector
• animated textures
• performing tasks with objects on the scheme of multi-inputs logical "AND"
• walking was implemented with small oscillations of screen in vertical axe
• scoring of text messages
• conditionally friendly characters (NPC)
• a player can affect the physical properties of the floor surface
• a player can affect the lighting properties

This is 3D-shooter with NPC and items interactions, with dialogs, quests and puzzles. And one more… Did you remember Doom-temple at WoE level 3? You can’t get Alien Artifact from the temple, isn’t it? So, you will encounter at level 10 such walkthrough branch into the Pyramid center. But after you obtain Green Artifact you will blocked at level forever. There are a joke branches in WoE.

Quote:
Yes, there is a german Manual in the Box. It has some pages with information, about Story, Controls, Enemies and a very little Walkthorugh for the first Level and the Cheats are listed. The Manual is in black-white. German Version was published by CDV. I don't have a USK-Sticker on the Cover.
A!… I know this. In English version ISO was included cool DOS-application help.exe. This information also present in this application. So, the manual has a identical electronic DOS-version.

Quote:
It's very great that you create a WOE-Version in your language. It must be very big work.
Thanks, it was really hard works during two months.
Old 30-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #70
SledgeNE

Now, i played the game to the end by yesterday. It was really great! Yeah, i must cheat on two maps, some times in the Mines-Level (the 3rd map i think, i don't know how to explode the rocks) and in the Ice Station to find the red key card. I got some problems with orientation many times, because my english. I translate the walkthrough with Google Translator and it works. It was a big help for the Ship-Map before coming to Aragon. ;-)

A really great game, very sadly that there was no Wrath of Earth 2 released, but i read about Return to Earth (?). A Remake with a newer Game Engine would fantastic!

Had Wrath of Earth a big budget?