Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #801
-Catwalk-

Corrected version uploaded, fixing a loading problem in wizards.exe

Old 04-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #802
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Gods, I had no idea anybody was working on an unofficial patch for MoM? Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrubb View Post
v1.40f
(corrected game crashes)
Does the Unofficial Patch include all previous patches to the game, or does it require another, earlier patch, first--such as the last official patch?

Last edited by Borodin; 04-07-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #803
kyrubb

1) You need the last official 1.31 patch first.

2) Then you can install the last Insecticide 1.40f which includes all fixes listed with the previous versions.

3) You should check the Settings screen in Game menu to see if you have "Strategic combat" unchecked.

4) The game is now (reportedly) harder to win so you may consider starting on lower difficulty before re-entering your preferred one.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #804
-Catwalk-

Borodin, we're also working on a new mod which will be released in about 10 days. The changes will be extensive, possibly too extensive for many fans. We see MoM as an uncut jewel which we intend to cut and put into a beautiful necklace. It has a great concept which is flawed by horrible game balance. The changes are subject to criticism, we're still gathering feedback for the first release before implementing the changes. After that we plan on releasing a second version a month or two later, based on feedback from testing. We're also hosting tournaments, so come check us out at http://www.dragonsword.com/forum/phpbb/index.php

Old 08-07-2010, 12:20 AM   #805
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catwalk- View Post
Borodin, we're also working on a new mod which will be released in about 10 days. The changes will be extensive, possibly too extensive for many fans. We see MoM as an uncut jewel which we intend to cut and put into a beautiful necklace. It has a great concept which is flawed by horrible game balance. The changes are subject to criticism, we're still gathering feedback for the first release before implementing the changes. After that we plan on releasing a second version a month or two later, based on feedback from testing. We're also hosting tournaments, so come check us out at http://www.dragonsword.com/forum/phpbb/index.php
Thank you for your response, Catwalk. I appreciate all the time you and your team have put into this title. I can still remember when it first came out (I reviewed it), and what an exceptional game MoM was--when it ran. And even when it ran, there was always that impoverished AI.

So I look forward to checking out your site, and watching your progress.

EDIT: By the way, were you able to do anything about the inexplicable diplomatic shifts--the kind of thing where a friendly power would suddenly break off relations with you, or declare war? I know this sometimes had reasons behind the scenes, but not always.

Last edited by Borodin; 08-07-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #806
-Catwalk-

Yes, that has been fixed in the latest version of Insecticide Borodin. The diplomacy system was horribly bugged, kyrub was able to fix quite a bit of it. The AI is somewhat less aggressive now, but the diplomacy system is actually useful.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #807
-Catwalk-

Catnip 1.01 has finally been released! Go grab it at http://www.dragonsword.com/forum/php...opic.php?t=190 while it's still hot, and please give us some feedback

Old 13-08-2010, 02:03 AM   #808
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Apparently, there are two possible balance mods out there right now: yours, Catnip, and one by somebody named Aureus. How do these stack up for compatibility with the completed Insecticide mod, which is all about bug squashing?

That aside, I can certainly run the game as it stands in WinXP. My only annoyance is having to keep the CD on hand. Bah.

Last edited by Borodin; 14-08-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 14-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #809
-Catwalk-

Aureus doesn't work with Insecticide, Catnip requires Insecticide to work. Keep in mind this is still a beta, we've found a number of bugs already which are being fixed.

Old 15-08-2010, 02:40 AM   #810
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Thanks, Catwalk. I need to refamiliarize myself with the game before I run a rebalancing mod, so I'll be watching your progress, for now.

By the way, I got MoM running through D-Fend Reloaded, as someone had written on another board that it added the ability to improve the graphics through higher resolutions. Can't say I saw the difference, however, though I'm using 1280 x 960, with hq3x, and ddraw rendering.