Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-02-2006, 10:54 PM   #21
omg
Games Master

reincarnation.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 17-02-2006, 03:20 AM   #22
rlbell
Game freak

I choose to believe the teachings of our Lord Jesus.

The purpose of life is to give us the chance to live our choices. Heaven is being able to enter into a communion with God. Hell is being forever apart from God, with the knowledge that it was your own choices that excludes you from Him. God does not damn us to Hell, we do it to ourselves through making wrong choices and being too proud to admit them.

I cannot prove any of this, but I accept it as a matter of faith, because it cannot be disproven.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 17-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #23
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by Puffin@Feb 16 2006, 12:05 PM
Rotting is fine for me
Don't forget the worms that will slowly eat up your brain, crawl over your face, through your mouth into the inside of the belly. And dung beetles will set up a lovely nest in the remains of your eye, breed hundreds of their offspring inside your body. And all around you dark, suffocating earth. Indeed a grave. Lovely image, hm?

Sorry for
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 17-02-2006, 09:37 AM   #24
Mara
Abandonia nerd

Being a scientist, I don't really belive in life after death. Maybe I'll be proved wrong someday. (But I intend to stay aroud here for some time )

Quote:
Well, my imagination is endless at this point. I think life is a mission. I partially agree with Scatty, our "soul" normally exist on a non-physical plane living in somekinda society. At each rebirth you are given(or choose) a mission to be fulfilled in your "life" on earth. For example you can born a poor child in africa than you struggle for your life, if you succeed, you get respect on the soul-plane, you can of course choose easy life(rich parents, good lookin etc) but you won't be respected if you do that...
That remembers me someting I read in a book The autor (Bernard werber) develops quite the same idea.
That book, even if it's ficition, made me think a lot about that acctually. Too bad, no one tought about making an english translation.
for those who can speak french :
amazon
it's also on amazon.com, amazon.de , and probably amazon.co.uk
Mara is offline                         Send a private message to Mara
Old 17-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #25
Sameeralord
Game freak

reincarnation

Happiness is not permanant. Nothing is permanent.
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 17-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #26
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Scatty+Feb 17 2006, 08:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scatty @ Feb 17 2006, 08:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Puffin@Feb 16 2006, 12:05 PM
Rotting is fine for me
Don't forget the worms that will slowly eat up your brain, crawl over your face, through your mouth into the inside of the belly. And dung beetles will set up a lovely nest in the remains of your eye, breed hundreds of their offspring inside your body. And all around you dark, suffocating earth. Indeed a grave. Lovely image, hm?

Sorry for [/b][/quote]
...and the worms ate into her brain! *cue guitar*

But yea, nothing wrong with decomposition. Your fertilizing the soil for new life. As for worms and dung beetles and stuff, why on earth would you care? Your dead, you won't even be sentient. You might as well be a table lamp.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 17-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #27
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Scatty+Feb 17 2006, 07:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scatty @ Feb 17 2006, 07:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Puffin@Feb 16 2006, 12:05 PM
Rotting is fine for me

Sorry for [/b][/quote]
Sure, lovely....
But I won't notice it becasue I'll be dead. So I don't care
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 17-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #28
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantMidgit@Feb 17 2006, 01:34 PM
But yea, nothing wrong with decomposition. Your fertilizing the soil for new life. As for worms and dung beetles and stuff, why on earth would you care? Your dead, you won't even be sentient. You might as well be a table lamp.
And you think with that it's the end? All thoughts, feelings and memories all are gone and nothing remains except just these remains in earth? I can hardly believe that, makes not much sense. Why would we be born to just rot in the end without have learned from our mistakes or successes in life? There must be more behind the life & death than just rotting down when the body loses the ability to regenerate the cells.
Another question that we never will get to know what is behind there before we don't die ourselves, but no one can be blamed for trying to find out anyway.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 17-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #29
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

I think we've already got a couple of explanations similar to this, but i wanna contribute anyway. :bleh:

When the first human came to terms with being self-conscious, it gradually came to forget the alternative. The soul, however extensivelly explained, is just a imagined concept, brought about by humans who refused to accept that the body is the only thing that existed. The soul is imagined as an image of the owners body, like a ghost. a ghost of the mind. Frankly, I think this is a load of bull$h!t. When humans came up with the idea of the soul, they had to think of a destination or purpose for it. this is where religion pops its ugly head out of the ground. So many religions, explanations, different heavens, its just stupid i think. A good example of souls and things and what they are, even if i think its just fiction (which i do), is the "His Dark Materials" series. in conclusion, living is whats important, and death is just death, just the body shutting down like a computer thats just too old, or broken beyond repair. The computer doesnt care, coz it doesnt know.

Umm... i just read through what i wrote, and it looks pretty hard to understand, so if you dont get it, just forget about it and read TheGiantMidgets explanation, which i think is just about the same as mine except less complex. :whistle:
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 18-02-2006, 07:51 AM   #30
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by #BlakhOle#@Feb 18 2006, 12:21 AM
The soul, however extensivelly explained, is just a imagined concept, brought about by humans who refused to accept that the body is the only thing that existed. The soul is imagined as an image of the owners body, like a ghost. a ghost of the mind.
To be true, the body is the only thing that doesn't exist!

Who believe in matter existence hasn't a very sientific way to look reality... the principle of indetermination by Heisemberg and E=MC^2 are a good point to start reflecting what I mean...

The matter is just something created by our mind (cogito ergo sum) like Matrix said, so what are we? Is the soul a ghost of the mind, or is the material body a ghost of our senses?

I don't want to bore you with a long post (well, I've no time :P ), but I want just to say you that there are many ways to see the reality

EDIT: Happy birthday #BlakhOle#