Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-03-2005, 01:57 PM   #11
Hydro3000

WOW! Thanks!

I searched all over for that, couldn.t find it anywhere, and I gave the game up I just got butchered all the time.

But now.....

TIME TO DIE!!! RED AND BLUE SCUM!!!

Old 11-03-2005, 07:36 PM   #12
Danny252
I have a custom title!

wow, more strategy games that are decent! downloaddownloaddownload
Old 06-05-2005, 11:15 AM   #13
Norton

Hey guys, was a BIG fan of this game back in the day, have recently started to use the WinUAE program to play old amiga games and have been having problems with the save disk function on Powermonger. Was wondering if anyone here could help..?

Have created a save disk using the WinUAE and put it into the df0: location when it asks, I ask it to format the 'blank' first and it says is write protected (even though it's not!) i made sure teh file was unchecked of the properties of 'read only' and 'archive' but still no joy...

has anyone got a preformatted disk i could try or a save disk from this game??

Would appreciate the help.. booting up some of these games really takes me back and would be good to try them again. (wipes a fond memory tear from my eye remembering the many lost hours I spent on the old Amiga A500).

thanks for any help... (ps was wondering if anyone had a supremacy save disk too...)

Old 11-05-2005, 12:07 PM   #14
The_Harlz

Quote:
Originally posted by Strobe@Mar 9 2005, 11:39 PM
according to all my sources of information, it has been released in 1992!

and populous 2 has been published in 1993.

did i make a statement that it has been published AFTER pop 2?
I would just like to clear up the game releases mentioned here (and give my 2 cents worth). Powermonger was in fact way back in 1990, the Powermonger WWI data disk came next in 1991 followed by Populous 2 later in 1991. How am I so sure? I have both original games sitting here in box and manual (original version=Amiga version naturally).

I also recall upon the release of Powermonger, everyone eagerly asked "is this the sequel to Populous?". Meanwhile Bullfrog were busily working on Populous 2. When it finally came out, of course it topped the charts in no time. Now I didn't much get into Powermonger originally although I've been playing it a bit lately. It is a fairly open game if you know what I mean. You can play it how YOU want to. On the other hand, I LOVED Populous 2 and played it for months on end... Populous 3 (1998 on PC only) was a deadloss and a wasted sequal (although the nice Direct3D graphics were decent in its day).

*EDITED*
On doing a little more research I discovered Powermonger was only ported to PC in 1992. Hence the confusion over release dates, the Amiga version was definitely 1990. Like many games in those days, the original version was on Amiga, all other versions were ported across. Of course there were many games written for PC that were also ported back to Amiga (I instantly think of games from SSI, Microprose and Sierra).
Old 26-06-2005, 01:26 AM   #15
zipper

can't find the downloadlink ?

Old 26-06-2005, 02:19 AM   #16
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by zipper@Jun 26 2005, 12:26 AM
ESA, no go no go, you eveil pirate you LOL jk, but its ESA protected so that meens no dl.
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 27-06-2005, 06:35 PM   #17
zipper

k: Got it. Pirites R US

Old 27-06-2005, 06:36 PM   #18
zippeer

Quote:
Originally posted by zipper@Jun 27 2005, 05:35 PM
k: Got it. Pirites R US
crap can't spell.
Pirates R US :Titan:

Old 27-06-2005, 07:18 PM   #19
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That's not something you should brag about, you know. Not here, anyway.<_<
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 19-08-2005, 12:21 PM   #20
old amiga fan w PC

Quote:
Originally posted by moogle+Jun 26 2005, 01:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (moogle @ Jun 26 2005, 01:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-zipper@Jun 26 2005, 12:26 AM
ESA, no go no go, you eveil pirate you LOL jk, but its ESA protected so that meens no dl. [/b][/quote]
yes... ESA protected...

Bullfrog isnt on that ESA list and i tried EA not a word about powermonger. Then i looked for any site that sells it. But it turns out that i cant even buy it if i wanted to. Just wondered how much theyd dare to charge for such an old game. Whats up with those old copyrighted games that noone wants to buy or sell anymore. Are we supposed to just forget em?

Cmon, set the old games free. or hey - use em for advertisin.

:eeeeeh: :eeeeeh: :eeeeeh: :ranting: