Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-03-2005, 09:48 AM   #61
Marek
Abandonia nerd

Well thats part of the problem I think...

I have a big head because I have always been pretty good at Civ1 so I just figured I'd be good at Civ III.

Man did they teach me right from wrong!

Last edited by arete; 26-10-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: ^^
Marek is offline                         Send a private message to Marek
Old 04-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #62

This is a bad good damn pretty game. I don't remeber how many times I deleted the game from my computer because of lack of time and after a short time looking for it agian. I remeber that I also was playing the game in my dreams. It has this capacity to chalenge all your neurons. I wouldn't suggest anybody to try it, it is really a bad drug.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #63
a9753

I can't find CivWin.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:42 PM   #64
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

If the build queues are anything like the governor preferences you can do them globally or by continent, but TBH I never use the build queue (unless maybe to remind myself to start a wonder after the current building) so I'm not sure on that one.

The AI on Civ 3 is VERY prone to ganging up on you if you get too far ahead of it - the trick is either to stay about 2nd and then suddenly gang up on the top player with one of the others, or to be so far ahead that it doesn't matter what they do. If you have plenty of civs in the game you need to get iron working straight away (I almost always research it first, possibly after Ceremonial Burial on top difficulties) and if possible beat up at least 1 of your neighbours very early on. A tip - if you capture a city of size 1 it's destroyed, but this doesn't happen to the enemy capital, so at the start of the game it's best to conquer whichever city is their capital first, then the one the palace gets moved to and so on in order to maximise the number of cities you get. You can often get a few cities out of them in exchange for a peace treaty once they're desperate, which is a good way to get little crappy ones on small islands for free - they'll still produce a BIT of research and increase your unit support limits without costing you anything (unless they get attacked by barbarians, anyway).

@a9753 - if you mean the windows version of Civ, we don't have it here since this is mainly a DOS games site. There's a link on the previous page you might wanna try out though.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 04-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #65
Christian IV
Game freak

i have resisted the Civ series, but yesterday I was reading
through the forum here on Colonization and i think i may
get sucked into the whirlpool of Civ I and II we will see,
it is a big big concept, and really a remarkable living
history experience also......ah my, another universe to
learn.....

Last edited by arete; 26-10-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: o.O
Christian IV is offline                         Send a private message to Christian IV
Old 04-05-2005, 07:23 PM   #66
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by a9753@May 4 2005, 01:28 PM
I can't find CivWin.
I think that's because this game is made for DOS. Try running it in DOS. (if you are using WinXP, and the game doesn't work properly, try DOSBox.

Last edited by arete; 26-10-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: :")
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 06-05-2005, 07:48 AM   #67
a9753

I am searching for this vercion of civ:
http://www.bhlegend.com/php/show.php3?game=48

...enyone have it? Please mail it to me or post a link

no email allowed ~~arete

Last edited by arete; 26-10-2009 at 08:49 AM.

Old 06-05-2005, 02:40 PM   #68
caesar007
Forum hobbit

hhmm , yeah would be great if there was a civ 1 for windows .... i have the dos version on my other comp , but you can download civ 2 here and that works for windows ...... it's not exactly the same as civ 1 , but it's probably even better .... and you have multiplayer support with civ 2 .....

but if you find civ 1 for windows i am interested too .... cause my cd is not working that good anymore ....... sometimes a small part of the map has errors .....

btw ... i always have a problem with civ 1 at the end of the game ..... the max units problem .... usually around 90 units or so it says you can't build any new units till you disband older ones ?? ..... is there a patch for that ? it's very annoying when only one opponent is left and you can't launch a massive attack cause you have already like 40 cities and it won't let you build more units .....
caesar007 is offline                         Send a private message to caesar007
Old 07-05-2005, 04:58 AM   #69
Christian IV
Game freak

I did see a patch for opening the limits, on units today, but
i was looking at so many different files i am sorry i did not note
exactly where it was, there are great file resources at:

www.civfanatics.com

give that a try.
cheers

Last edited by arete; 26-10-2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: :{)
Christian IV is offline                         Send a private message to Christian IV
Old 07-05-2005, 05:53 PM   #70
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think that version of Civ1 is not original. It could be Call to power, never played that one.

Last edited by arete; 26-10-2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: ^^#
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero