Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #21
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

A.J, yours is a classic.

Quote:
Definitely adventure, because that's the only sort of games I ever was any good at (with a few notable exceptions).

[By the way, hi everyone.* I couldn't find anything like a newbie thread, and creating a new thread just to introduce myself seemed a bit... presumptuous. ]
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 20-11-2005, 11:31 PM   #22
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Mine is...
Quote:
Quote:
(Flop @ Jun 25 2005, 02:22 PM)
You can download it from HOTU. Before anyone starts screaming warez, I'd like to say that I doubt it. If I'm not mistaken they had taken it down for quite a while because they were asked not to host it, but since it's back up I'm assuming they have permission.*

HOTU will remove a game and put a link to where you an buy it if asked by a company, so in my mind theyr not really warez. Ya the alien crossfire doesn't really add much...I wentout and bought the game and expansion back when it was new...never really cared for it too much, personally, I found civilization to be better, more fun.
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 20-11-2005, 11:47 PM   #23
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Mine was really dull, in the Manuals thread. My second post was more exciting, in that Stickler for Grammar thread, shortly before Triton decided I was evil incarnate. Woo!
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 20-11-2005, 11:48 PM   #24
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Nov 20 2005, 10:25 PM
A.J, yours is a classic.

Quote:
Definitely adventure, because that's the only sort of games I ever was any good at (with a few notable exceptions).

[By the way, hi everyone.* I couldn't find anything like a newbie thread, and creating a new thread just to introduce myself seemed a bit... presumptuous. ]
Yes, classically embarassing, that's what it is...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 20-11-2005, 11:49 PM   #25
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Beef's first post

Quote:
hmm. i have original copies of the manuals for NetStorm, Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and probably those for Civ 1/2, GTA and maybe Colonization. all but one of them are at my parents' house though, so it might be a while before i have chance to scan any of them (plus i'll have to remember...) but i'll give it a try. I also had a CD at one time with a few things on it including Populous and Space Hulk, which may or may not have had manuals on it. Ah, just found that CD next to my PC - it features Yeager's Air Combat, Space Hulk, Hong Kong Mah-Jong Pro, Wing Commander Academy, The Savage Empire, Seven Cities of Gold, Populous II, Ultima VII, Shadow Caster and UU, but no manuals as far as I can see sad.gif

BTW if any of these EA games are now abandonware and not already featured (at least 3 of them are good...), let me know if I can do anything to help you get hold of them!

/resists temptation to install Populous II for fear of not doing any uni work for a month...
Jesus, I can see the MASSIVE improvement you went through when it comes to your speech online.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 20-11-2005, 11:51 PM   #26
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Your first post is also really exciting, Piggy.
Quote:
Ooh, I remember this, quite awhile ago we had a really bad computer, so after awhile my dad got us a new one, and he got this game for me, it's still one of the best strategy games I've ever played.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 20-11-2005, 11:52 PM   #27
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I already mentioned the level of atrociousness it delivers to mankind.
Edit: I sound spastic in that post.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 20-11-2005, 11:55 PM   #28
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Jesus, I can see the MASSIVE improvement you went through when it comes to your speech online.
Huh? There's a couple of capital letters missing there I guess...
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 20-11-2005, 11:58 PM   #29
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Nov 20 2005, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Huh? There's a couple of capital letters missing there I guess...
Well, I'd say it's also something of an improvement that you've largely given up on that stream-of-consciousness style. :bleh:
Old 20-11-2005, 11:58 PM   #30
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Not to mention the punctuation errors, the grammatical errors, and the run on sentences. k:

Don't worry, you're a top of the line man now.

My Site -