Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #91
erabjohns
Lurker

Hey, does anyone know how to get a copy of version 1.0? I know it was a pain to run, but it had a neat teleport function that allowed you to go instantly to any point in the game. I've brought this up to a number of people, but no one seems to be aware of it. You had to type "frodolives" in the command prompt before starting the game and by pressing "t" in the game would bring up the input screen.

Does anyone remember this?
erabjohns is offline                         Send a private message to erabjohns
Old 02-10-2007, 01:47 AM   #92

Oh WOW I remember these games I had both of them... And... they scared me a little actually They didn't work so well with my computer all the time and I remember that horrible sound effect whenever the Nazgul made the ringbearer die... It was a good two years before I started the game back up after that *snicker* (I had been trying to cross the Brandywine bridge, since I knew Hobbits don't like water, you see)

Old 02-10-2007, 03:08 AM   #93
scarslilpyro

Why would this game be abandoned already? It just came out like 3 years ago!!
scarslilpyro is offline                         Send a private message to scarslilpyro
Old 02-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #94

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scarslilpyro @ Oct 2 2007, 04:08 AM) [snapback]314228[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Why would this game be abandoned already? It just came out like 3 years ago!!
[/b]
Um no ... it came out like 1990.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:36 AM   #95

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 2 2007, 02:47 AM) [snapback]314221[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Oh WOW I remember these games I had both of them... And... they scared me a little actually They didn't work so well with my computer all the time and I remember that horrible sound effect whenever the Nazgul made the ringbearer die... It was a good two years before I started the game back up after that *snicker* (I had been trying to cross the Brandywine bridge, since I knew Hobbits don't like water, you see)
[/b]
I like the effect when you watch the ending and the game hangs ... <_<

The nazgul on the bridge: !Elbereth him!

Old 25-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #96

Elbereth will get you out of that fix, but it really is far better to take the ferry with Merry (nets you a fellowship member) and traipse through the Old Forest.

Old 20-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #97
LaFey
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
LaFey: Thanks. Yes, I do plan to finish it, but life keeps interfering ...
God bless. Please don't "abandon" it. It is the best map + walkthrough for Vol 1.

On the enhanced CD version: I don't like the style of the videos but you can just use the text strings of the enhanced version using Michal Benes engine - you won't have video, but you'll have the full verbose.

LaFey is offline                         Send a private message to LaFey
Old 16-06-2008, 03:29 AM   #98
hialmar

Default Map! Hayalp!

Could really use a map here! If anyone has one!

I am going all over the shire and my pitiful mapping ability by hand drawing is not so good. I'm getting confused thinking I have been in a place and then they are different names.

If I only had a map that showed bridges and rivers and roads, I'd do the rest myself.
hialmar is offline                         Send a private message to hialmar
Old 16-06-2008, 03:31 AM   #99
hialmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hialmar View Post
Could really use a map here! If anyone has one!

I am going all over the shire and my pitiful mapping ability by hand drawing is not so good. I'm getting confused thinking I have been in a place and then they are different names.

If I only had a map that showed bridges and rivers and roads, I'd do the rest myself.
Also, does killing the wolves do anything for experience or leveling up? I have killed about 4 and I'll stop doing it, if it does not help.
hialmar is offline                         Send a private message to hialmar
Old 08-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #100
ChibiKitsuneWarrior

Send a message via MSN to ChibiKitsuneWarrior Send a message via Yahoo to ChibiKitsuneWarrior Send a message via Skype™ to ChibiKitsuneWarrior
Unhappy Help?

Hey,
I'm having a problem with my game and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
I have the version of Lord of the Rings from the Interplay 10th anniversary release. The disk wouldn't work (I'd pop it in the Interplay's 10th logo would come up and then it'd go black.) so I just copied all of the files onto my hard drive and I've been playing it like that. (I've done this before and it worked fine.)
I've been playing it and it keeps messing up. xP The screen either goes black and has a text running along the lower area (Along the golden border.) or it goes all pixel-y. It also does this sometimes when I saved and everytime it does it, it messes up my saved game. (I haven't even been able to get out of the Shire because of it. xP)
Has this been happening to anyone else and can you tell me how to fix it?

P.s. For anyone who needs to know, my computer has Windows 98 on it and I've been running the game in DOS mode.
I saw a post on the first or second page that said something about the music causing an error. o-o So maybe that's what it is. >>
ChibiKitsuneWarrior is offline                         Send a private message to ChibiKitsuneWarrior