Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #51
Unregistered91
Default P.s.

In the main menu, before going on a mission press F-11 (or 9,10? One of those) to open up some realism options.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I first played this game in 1996 when it was released in a simulation pack (Chuck Yeagers air combat, Ultra bots, Indy 500 included.) Ever since then I've been addicted I've played the games mentioned previously in the thread such as Flashpoint, but Sealteam is the classic version. Without vehicles
I find it odd, that they called SealTeam a simulation, when really it's more like a 3D shooter to a degree.
The closest thing to an updated version of SealTeam is Vietcong 1 + The Red Dawn add-on. I was playing that with the music from SealTeam lols! It was great.

(Psalms from paidgamers.net)

Cheers.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #52
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

sorry- that it's been metioned before that you played the games such as flashpoint but sealteam is the classic version?
Old 26-06-2010, 02:00 AM   #53
Sherlock rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review
I have nothing to say more than: "I'm so happy that at last my country has appeared on computer! The world will know more about my country. I love abandonia!"
Sherlock rule is offline                         Send a private message to Sherlock rule
Old 20-09-2010, 02:57 AM   #54
MuckRaker

Question No sound...advice on enlarging screen...installation...

After years of hunting for this title, FINALLY, I have it!

First, I'd like to address what I had to do to get the installation to work with DOSBox, because the instructions as given on the main page for SEAL Team did not work for me.

I carefully followed all of the instructions, but it still wouldn't launch from DOSBox. I made the following changes and it worked...
I took all of the compressed content from the .zip file and copied/pasted it into the required SealTeam directory. Only then did it launch.

Initially, when I started the game, it was situated in a window with my cluttered up desktop showing. I made adjustments to DOSBox that got the game to surround the screen with a thick black zone that now (happily) blocks the desktop, but I'd prefer to be able to play the title at a size that fills up my screen, which is currently set to 1024 x 768. Any detailed advice on this would be appreciated.

Also, no sound. Not a bit. I've installed the latest build of VDM, but still no help. Do I need to change a setting in VDM so that it "points" to SEAL Team, or...?

Thanks in advance to whomever is so generous to help!
MuckRaker is offline                         Send a private message to MuckRaker
Old 20-09-2010, 04:59 AM   #55
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

The Dosbox Tutorial will give you a hand with the window size, and how to change it.

For the sound go into setup.exe and change to Sound Blaster Pro 2, just press enter when it asks for details of your sound card, the default settings work fine.

On the note of installing it, you shouldn't be installing the game, just unzipping then folder into your games folder, (inside its own folder that is) and mounting your games folder as normal. And what instructions did you try and follow, I couldn't find any one the main page for Seal Team, just a note that it runs slow in Dosbox, which is no longer true.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 21-09-2010, 04:19 AM   #56
MuckRaker

Question Norton Commander & listing ST.exe, keybindings, music...?

DarthHelmet,

Thanks for your help and the reference to the DOSBox tutorial, which was invaluable. It took me an hour and a half to do all of that "without" mistakes, and I got the game running, with full screen, music, and sounds! Thank you AGAIN!

You might have noticed that there are quotation marks around "without" in regards to "mistakes." I'm very, VERY close to have the "perfect" SEAL Team startup, but...

I think that I'm making a simple mistake in getting the dosbox-0.74.conf written up so that it saves me a step of having to search for the SEAL Team .exe every time I get Norton Commander to load up.

Here's my directory structure...
C\Old DOS Games\ and then there are the directories SEALteam and NC .

Inside of the dosbox-0.74.conf, I have written up the pathway for startup as...
Quote:
[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
# You can put your MOUNT lines here.
mount C "C:\Old DOS Games"
C:\NC\NC.exe
With this setup, Norton Commander does load after double-clicking on the DOSBox 0.74 shortcut, but according to the tutorial you so kindly directed me to, what should be already displayed within NC's startup window is ST.exe, the game's executable.

It's not.

I have to go to the top of the page to get the Menu bar to appear, and then from there do a search for the executable. Once I double-click on it via NC, the game launches properly.

Is there a way to better define in the config that NC should open up with ST.exe already on display?

I know that whenever one uses "spaces" between words that quotation marks must be used so that DOSBox can utilize the proper pathway and find the desired file. But I've tried numerous combinations of pathways with, and without, quotation marks, and each and every time DOSBox informs me that either an illegal action is being taken, or the file can't be located.

-------------------

The game runs choppily for me. Can you advise what the figure you used for cycles was?

-------------------

Any way to remap the completely unintuitive keybindings? I see that there's a Reset KeyMapper Start menu option for DOSBox, but that implies that one can (easily?) alter one's keyboard settings to whatever's desired. Any detailed help on this would be greatly appreciated.

-------------------

The "music" is...very..."Ugh!" Is there an easy way to disable it while perhaps improving game performance?

-------------------

Thanks for your time and consideration on this!

MuckRaker is offline                         Send a private message to MuckRaker
Old 21-09-2010, 04:30 AM   #57
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

The cycles I had this game for was around 10000, if its running choppy just put them up higher till the game seems to play fine.

This is what my Dosbox looks like when I start up.

DarthBox

To get that I put the Right side on Brief.
Right Side

And the Left side I turned off. It's best to have NC just show what is in your Old Dos Games folder, then just double click on the game folder you want, it will show you whats in that folder then double click the .exe you want to run. I don't know alot about setting up Dosbox myself, I learnt what I know from that tutorial.

On the note of changing the keybinding, press Ctrl-F1 to bring it up. For whatever key you want to change click on it. Then Delete the old binding and add a new one. Can be very helpfull when a game has bad controls you want to change but it doesn't give you that option.

For the music problem, have a look in the games install.exe or setup.exe and turn the music soundcard off.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 24-09-2010, 01:59 AM   #58
MuckRaker

Smile

Thanks again for the very useful and detailed help. I'll try it out as soon as I have the time.

Knowing about Ctrl+F1 in regards to adjusting the awful keyboard setup will be a huge boon.

Once I've given your suggestions a shot, I'll follow up with a report here on how they went.

THANKS!
Old 28-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #59
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Not a problem, let us know how it goes.
Old 18-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #60
MuckRaker

Been busy, so I apologize for the delay.

The key mapping... I started to try it, but then got nervous, and backed out. I was worried that I couldn't undue an error should one be made.

I'll try it again sometime down the road.

So I went ahead and started trying out SEAL Team with the default keyboard settings. And man, do they suck. But there's no point in rehashing the obvious...

I guess that my chief concern with this title is that a game that's touted as being steeped in a ton of "realism" there are quite a few things that stand out to me as not being realistic at all. The worst one being the number of rounds that the good guys can take before they're eliminated from the battle.

Time and again, my avatar can take up to 6-8 7.62 rounds before he succumbs to them. My movement rate wasn't affected by the impacts, nor did my ability to aim seem affected. I'm playing this at the most realistic settings possible, so I'm more than surprised by this. Am I missing some setting somewhere, or is this how the title's setup?