Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-04-2006, 04:14 AM   #31
laiocfar
NOD Commander

JaggenDance, english is not my strong point and i can uderstand very well your problem. So for supply allocations to HQ and change the HQ of any unit , you only can do that during morning turn(first turn with sun of the day). The supply level of each HQ change the fighting abilities of the units under that HQ, so give min. supplies when traveling in secure areas; defensive to make manouvers; and general or attacking to carry on assaults. The red army have a real problem of supplies so a russian commander who wanna a victory will make miracles over the supplies. By example, select the troops on attack mode for the rest of the day, alocate them to a HQ per sector and make that HQ in the most agressive stance. To change the HQ you should go to the HQs menu(press HQs in the menu on the rigth). Here you can change the supply level or see the units under a HQ by selecting the key "all HQs" and it will change to "This HQ". To change an unit of HQ in the HQs menu select the new unit´s HQ and select the unit, press the key "allocate to this HQ" in the menu. k:
Old 29-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #32
Hutze

I think there is a manual at home of the underdogs

Old 04-05-2006, 07:05 AM   #33
thanks for the feed back !! i do have a manual and im doing ok with the suply of my regulars but what i want to do is chang where my HQ's get there suply from ... almosed all of my divisions get suply from either the "3rd Shock Army" or the "2nd Mec Core" but i many of my dividions are much closer to the "5th Guards Shock" who dosent have anyone under it at all

example : how would i set the "357th rifle HQ" that receves suply from the "3rd shock Army HQ" to get suply from the "5th Guards Shock HQ" that is much closer?

try it for yourself! every time i try it just sellects the HQ im clicking on so i cant hit "attach"

little hint: russian artilary use more supply then any other unit in the game and are much weaker then there counterparts in other armys ... if you attach all your artilery to 1 HQ and set it to "minimal" supply you will be able to keep all of your line units in "Attack" supply for the entire game works vary well for me and kind of works in other V4V games as well.
thanks again for the help guys
and if you can find out how to do that you will have my eternal gratitude

Old 04-05-2006, 04:16 PM   #34
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

try it for yourself! every time i try it just sellects the HQ im clicking on so i cant hit "attach"

I tryed it and I don't think it's possible.

Click on one Devisional HQ. Than open the HQ menu and navigete with < > buttons to Corps HQ. Attach button doesn't show.

This HQ attachment is possible on World At War games. You can get them at www.the-underdogs.info
DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 31-07-2006, 03:06 AM   #35
oddman

Hey all,

I am very, very happy to have found these games. I have played them extensively in the nineties, on a Mac Quadra: V for Victory Maret Garden, Gold Juno Sword, Velikye Luki, Operation Crusader (gotta love those New Zealanders), Stalingrad... My heart rejoiced at finding these titles again.

Imagine my dismay when I found they don't work properly. V4V won't start (and I want to play Velikye Luki soooo bad! Give me my ski regiment!) and Stalingrad (actually a separate download from Abandonia) quits when I try an artillery strike.

I am no hero with DOS boxes. Please help me out!

Old 09-08-2006, 01:49 AM   #36
laiocfar
NOD Commander

You should give us the OS and setup config.
The game runs very well on win98, so i suppose that you got winXP that is no very friendly to old games. If i am right, post your problem in troubleshooting forum coz this one isnt so hot and i cant give you any aid with winXP.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #37
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I strongly suggest you use DosBox.
You can download it here.

If you have any problems with it, try having a look at the official FAQ on the DosBox site.
Basic Setup and Installation
Command Line
Z instead of C at the command prompt
Internal Programs (important, especially MOUNT)
Most of the stuff in there is not really needed, but you would do best to familiarize yourself with the specific topics I linked to.
The mounting of your DosBox games directory, switching the promt to the emulated C: drive and clearing the screen from previous commands can all be executed from the [autoexec] section of dosbox.conf, so you won't have to re-type them every time round.
Frontend programs can help running DosBox with varying configurations for different games.
For both a more accessible user interface and oldschool feel, you can use Norton Commander (get it from our programs and utilities page - scroll down to the bottom to find it). NC might seem awkward at first, but in fact it is a very functional genuine DOS era file manager frontend. It has a plethora of functions that will help you in navigating around the directories, while still retaining the command prompt.

Though all of this might seem complicated, it's very easy once you get used to it. So remember:

DON'T PANIC!!!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #38
Teemto

This is one of my all time favourite games. This game is absolutely brilliant, and I have spent literally countless of hours playing it. It is nice to see that there are still other players who enjoy V4 games .