Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-12-2004, 12:41 PM   #11
PatrickRitchie

I finally won this game last night, played as Russia historical level 1/1 and made my moon landing in the spring of 71 with a JT Voshkod mission. It was a really close behind as the US got 11 of the space firsts. Duration 'D', manned lunar pass, manned lunar orbit and lunar landing were the only firsts I was able to get. The AI is really good and really lucky at the start.

Some things I noticed:

1. If you mess up the copy protection, save your game and reload. If you continue with 'Access Denied' all your manned misions above duration 'A' will fail. Some of the answers in the copy protection file on this site don't seem to work in game, but others do so keep trying.
2. RTFM (Read The Fine Manual) especially the section on the safety levels of your missions, make sure you understand what goal steps are and what the penalty is if you skip one.
3. One nice thing is that if you mess something up during a turn (research the wrong tech, buy the wrong hardware etc...) you can save & reload and get back to the *start* of your turn.
4. If you want to win you have to focus on the Moon, nothing else matters. So skip any missions that don't A - improve safety of components needed or B - complete goal steps.

This is really a great game, i've heard rumblings about the source being released by the original developper if anyone knows anything about this please let me know! pritchie@gmail.com

Old 03-02-2005, 05:45 AM   #12
Ramidel
Abandonia nerd

Orbital eva: Module with 1 and more astronauts, second rocket (the one after atlas) or Atlas with booster strap on. Eva suits researched.
--
Actually, you don't need the boosters for an Orbital EVA with the Mercury/Vostok. Just use the Atlas/A-Series.

Lunar passing, Lunar Orbital: Uhh don't remember, shoot me if I'm wrong but I think it should be module for 3 or more, booster A (maybe B don't remember) and second rocket (again the one after atlas), but you may need booster strap on for it.
--
You don't need to use the Apollo/Soyuz at all. I rarely do in fact....the Gemini works as well for anything -but- the actual landing. You use the Kicker-A for anything but an actual landing, which uses B. Again, no boosters required for this one.

TIP: I have read somewhere that you should keep ranger/sputnik safety level high since in the moon mission or somewhere one stage is rolled on it's safety level.
--
False. One stage is rolled on the amount of Photo Recon you've got, which is gained by lunar flybys, probe landings, manned passes and orbitals.
Ramidel is offline                         Send a private message to Ramidel
Old 06-02-2005, 02:56 AM   #13
bABA

Hi I have a problem with this game. I manage to do unmanned flights, then I train astronauts, send them down to my program and try to make a mission.

Then the games always tells me there are not enough astronauts in the program for all the crews?? Rhis is even when I assign 16 astronauts to do a one man Mission!

surely I am doimg something wrong. anybody got an idea what?

Old 06-02-2005, 09:44 PM   #14
LEO

The astronauts have to be trained at their new program for 1 turn to familiarise them with the capsule etc... End your turn and see if you can put together a mission on the next one

Old 14-02-2005, 08:46 AM   #15
blacktiger
Arrow

Ehy boy where i can found the answer for the copy protection of the game??

Old 15-02-2005, 08:39 PM   #16
Juspar

I'm loving this!

Hard, yes. Complex, yes. Lose track of the outside world for the between dusk and dawn, yes. Rocking!

Is there a manual somewhere? I'd be intrigued to know more of the workings.

Is there a follow up to this game anywhere?

Does anyone have tips on docking module improvement? Even my multiple unmanned missions crash and burn without an improvement in the equipment.

Some things I found to answer questins raised here:
  • Copy protection is here - Flight Times
  • Astronauts need one to be transfered to a program (eg. Mercury, Gemini, Apollo) for a season to get to know the program, before you can assign them to missions. You will need to have enough astronauts assigned and trained on a program to complete a primary and back-up crew before you can schedule a mission for that prgoram.
  • Yes, if a component fails miserably - it's back to the drawing board. You need to research all over again.
  • The computer oponenet is inordinately lucky in the early stages, think long term.

Old 16-02-2005, 01:02 AM   #17
J. Reiners

I'm a little confused about the copy protection for this game. I have read on this board that if you mess up the copy protection all manned missions about duration A will fail. This seems to be the case in my situation. Where do I enter the copy right protection? I don't ever see a promt that asks me for flight times or whatever the copy protection is. I appreciate any suggestions anyone has for me. Thanks in advance

Old 17-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #18
Dogsbd

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Reiners@Feb 16 2005, 02:02 AM
I'm a little confused about the copy protection for this game. I have read on this board that if you mess up the copy protection all manned missions about duration A will fail. This seems to be the case in my situation. Where do I enter the copy right protection? I don't ever see a promt that asks me for flight times or whatever the copy protection is. I appreciate any suggestions anyone has for me. Thanks in advance
I have had the problem of the copy protection question popping up at a certain point but not displaying properly making it impossible to answer. IE, the screen may just go blank and if you hit enter a few times you will see the copy protection question pop up for an instant and then go away, no opportunity to enter the answer. I think it depends on your video card/drivers etc.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #19
santarian

Man this game is soooo hard does anyone know if and where there is a money cheat for this game i tried some of the trainers but cant get them to work, if u could tell me how or where to get some k:

Thx
May the forces of evil get lost on your way to your house

Old 14-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #20
Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally posted by Juspar@Feb 15 2005, 09:39 PM
Is there a manual somewhere? I'd be intrigued to know more of the workings.
You can find the manual at Home of the Underdogs