Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #1
blackboard
Forum hobbit

Default Discworld I: Seeing the Psychiatrickerist

In act 2 of Discworld one has to see the psychiatrickerist to get some blotted paper. In theory this should happen automatically by hanging around the waiting room, but for some reasons I absolutely cannot trigger this sequence.
I think I have read a long time ago that this is a timing related issue/bug in Discorld, but I player around with all kinds of settings in Dosbox and still cannot trigger the sequence.

Did anyhone have success playing through Discworld on a modern machine? If so, what should I enter in Discworld to make it work?
blackboard is offline                         Send a private message to blackboard
Old 21-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
JJXB
Pi-voh

the only thing i can suggest is downloading another version. it's never happened to me on the cd version with voices yet.
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 21-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
In theory this should happen automatically by hanging around the waiting room, but for some reasons I absolutely cannot trigger this sequence.
Have you done everything you can do right now in the other locations? Talked to everyone you can about everything you can?
Check again even if you think you did. Some adventure games let you do or find certain things only after certain other - sometimes completely unrelated - actions.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #4
blackboard
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fifth_horseman View Post
Have you done everything you can do right now in the other locations? Talked to everyone you can about everything you can?
I think I did, I even consoluted a walkthrough to make sure that I did not miss anything. But I will check again... I once got the blotted paper when playing Discworld on a different machine (which I do not have anymore, unfortunately), therefore I think it is a problem with the emulation, but perhaps I really skipped some steps this time.
blackboard is offline                         Send a private message to blackboard
Old 23-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
blackboard
Forum hobbit

Just for the record: I finally managed to trigger the sequence by starting a new game and following a walkthrough precisely. The problem seems to be that I had already done too much, somehow skipping the point where the I should get the blotted papers.

And for those like me that try all combinations of waiting/talking to trigger the sequence: You are only allowed to get upstairs when the left-most chair is empty, i.e., you are the first in the queue.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:20 PM   #6
Magic Matt
Wink It's about the Troll as well...

Once you are sat in the left most chair, you need to start a conversation with the Troll. After he gets to the end of his first speech, where he says "They're all green!", you have to then immediately end the conversation by clicking on the goodbye hand.

As soon as you do this, Rincewind will stand up and the secretary will say "Next Please." Rincewind will then walk upstairs and the story will continue.