Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-01-2005, 10:58 PM   #11
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

To sum everything up:

1. We should create new characters. By using forum members, the game is only fun for forum members. We would like to make a game that everyone can appreciate.

2. It should have a RPG feel. In which you choose a team for every mission. It should have a HQ. It should have training facilities. A shop (thanks Goblins). And it should allow the player to have complete power over the game. Like deciding where to go, what mission to take, and so on.

3. We are not gonna use ALL games on the site. Rather create genre worlds, where characters from different games can live. Like an Adventure World - with Indiana Jones, Guybrush, Larry, King Graham... and so on. Each world should have the feel of the genre. Like a top-down view in the Adventure World. Blackness with text in the Text Based World. Goory and bloody scenes in the Action World.... etc.

4. Multiple endings.

5. Characters SHOULD be able to die. If character A dies, he is dead forever. (This again would have an impact on the ending. For instance like the others visiting his/hers grave).
Old 04-01-2005, 11:52 PM   #12
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

aawww no phenox downs? LOL :bleh:
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 05-01-2005, 12:07 AM   #13
punch999
The true Shadow President

LOL

i cant see this working
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 05-01-2005, 07:15 AM   #14
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Tom, you know I wanna help if I can, so just let me know if there's anything you want me to do
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 05-01-2005, 08:52 AM   #15
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Perhaps the villain shall be the non abandonware player Iron Scarecrow. He came here a very friendly person, but beneath the surface he is an evil twisted freak that somehow throws everyone in their computers to live through all the games they love.

:blink: :blink:

Maybe this evil Scarecrow didn't think it through too well.

LOL LOL
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 05-01-2005, 09:26 AM   #16
Reaperman
Forum hobbit

Is it just me, or is making a game about a game website kinda wierd?
Reaperman is offline                         Send a private message to Reaperman
Old 05-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #17
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

What about simply "Abandonia suffered a sudden virus attack that almost wiped out the entire database and what was left is badly mixed up.

Action/RPG genre.

As on of the admins (Kosta, Tom Henrik, insert anybody else here) or a user-character (slightly more limited then pre-made Admin chars but you have a lot of freedom in designing him), you have to:
1. Rearrange all what remains to proper stance
2. Find all the games again
3. Convince people to write the reviews again
4. Same with the screenshots.
5. Cope with bandwidth usage and find ways to straighten the moods of the community (_everybody_ seems to be a hair's breadth from replicating the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in the neighbourhood and they aint going to be easy to talk into helping around)
6. Make the community grow!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-01-2005, 09:45 AM   #18
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

OK here i go. So you will have the moxt popular Admins and mods (cuz u wint out the whole site). This makes around 10 ppl. U choose your char and then you come with the choice between warrior mage or thief.
I made some LOOOLLOLOOL drawings of equips for each type. Something like a beta. My mothere will scan them and ill try to upload them here. I also made the Evil HOTU castle
Old 05-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #19
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Defeating popularity of HOTU might be a good goal to achieve...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-01-2005, 02:36 PM   #20
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

:blink:

Did any of you read this post?

Quote:
To sum everything up:

1. We should create new characters. By using forum members, the game is only fun for forum members. We would like to make a game that everyone can appreciate.