Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-01-2005, 05:52 AM   #31
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

But cheesegrater, the cheese (hah) is exactly why I love C&C cinematics so damn much.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 16-01-2005, 06:22 AM   #32
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

My favourite movie intro was the powerful one for Zork Nemesis. The first time I saw it, my reaction was :eeeeeh: as it featured a man stabbing himself in the stomach with a lethal looking knife. Then the player travelled into the wound and down a blood-filled artery and suddenly we were shooting over a massive and exotic underground building before stopping abruptly at the gates. All this was accompanied by haunting music. When the player arrives at the gates a soft and lovely female voice explains that since the day of the Great Eclipse the land has been cursed by evil and they're waiting for someone to come and release them from this evil curse.

The game lived up to this compelling beginning - and more.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 16-01-2005, 06:48 AM   #33
shleepy

Somebody already mentioned Fallout, but I actually never played it; I imagine it's very good, though. Fallout Tactics has a very nice intro - it's not that it was so cool, really, as much as it put the viewer into the game; after seeing it, I truly felt as if I was a surviver of the nucear war and whatever The Fallout games story is actually very well crafted, in my opinion.
shleepy is offline                         Send a private message to shleepy
Old 16-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #34
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Kingdom Hearts for the GBA had a very nice intro movie. The grass in it looks very real.

But the best I would say is Hidden and Dangerous 2. I recommend people buy the game just for the intro. LOL

I can't remember many others. Does anyone know or remember what the intro for Unreal 2 was? I've completely forgotten it.

Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 16-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #35
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Unreal 2 didn't really have an intro, just them flying around from planet to planet (there was sort of an intro when they found the first artefact though).
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 16-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #36
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterGrazzt@Jan 16 2005, 06:10 AM
Besides some already mentioned...

Fallout.

"War. War never changes." Ron Perlman.
How could I forget Fallout 2??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

"War, war never changes. The end of the world occured pretty much as we predicted. To many humans, not enough spaces or resources....The details are, as always, pointless and trivial." - intro goes something like this

Also few in game movies are stunning (leaving San Francisco with ship) k:
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 16-01-2005, 02:08 PM   #37
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

Return To Castle Wolfenstein had a great intro. I also really like the intro to Myst, just for Atrus' commentary.

EDIT- Yup, I forgot Fallout too. Which is stupid, as that's what I had intended to post until someone else mentioned RtCW. Yes, Fallout's "War never changes" bit is pure gold.
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 16-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #38
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

Did anyone ever play Operation Flashpoint? I think that had a pretty amazing intro. Game was a huge step up for when it came out. Hairy...
WildZeppelin is offline                         Send a private message to WildZeppelin
Old 17-01-2005, 01:56 AM   #39
bjbrains2002
Abandonia nerd

Yea the operation flashpoint intro was great.
bjbrains2002 is offline                         Send a private message to bjbrains2002
Old 17-01-2005, 01:58 AM   #40
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

Hmm,

I loved the first run video in C&C TS. The intros to both sides were awsome too. Another good one was the FFXI intro. Was cool when the orc attacked the viallage and all the archers swords men, and mages fightin back. Kinda sad how the kids sister gets killed by an orc. The hl1 intro was good for the first time, but got boring later on.
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon