Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #11
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

So you didn't notice that competition at those two different sites is actually a single competition??

The way competition works, players (or better, board members) select what games they would like to play, someone counts votes and the winning game is selected for next round.

There is start and end date for each round, and there is a scoreboard with final scores.

Competition like that is intended for people to have fun, discover new things about the game(s) and compare their game play with other's game play. Also you can learn the limits of the games.

If that in your mind does not sound like real competition, I have no idea what should, except as you said before, almost like lottery games, which you for some reason call competition. :laugh:

Another point which you missed is that those competition at those not-so-interesting sites (and abandonia is linked to one of them, not sure if you aware of that) is something like official competition.

(hmm if Kosta offers final prize for season winner, you might think perhaps differently )
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 19-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #12
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

What do you not understand in: do it?

I feel like arguing against a wall. I simply don't care about what you're saying to be frank, all I been trying to tell you since the beginning is 1) I don't agree with you dissing Kosta competition and 2) you're welcome to start whatever user competition as you like in the competition forums...

Old 19-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #13
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

OK, you've said that, probably more then once, but that does not make any of it true or false. You have right to have your opinion, same thing you don't like to offer anyone.

Also, it is not my intention to spoil Kosta's competition or to compare it from beginning, but to give a new ideas to this community. It is you who mentioned it, not me.

Also, I've already said that I'm not regular, so I would be a bad choice.

I'm sorry that in your short vision you are unable to see that.

So please, if you don't offer anything new, read something else, play Transport Tycon Deluxe or do something more constructive.

Thank you!
Old 19-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #14
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Do you even realize that what you are currently doing is called trolling?

Quote:
OK, you've said that, probably more then once, but that does not make any of it true or false.
It is true. You are welcome to start any competition in the competition forum. It's there for that.

Quote:
Also, it is not my intention to spoil Kosta's competition or to compare it from beginning, but to give a new ideas to this community. It is you who mentioned it, not me.
I was under the impression that you either started this post in Kosta competition thread and it was later on cut off from it, or you posted at the same time Kosta competition was running. Re read your first post, I had all rights to assume you were talking about it. I didn't see you try to disapprove of this anywhere either until now. Why is it suddenly becoming such a big deal?

I am also happy to see that you want to give new and fresh ideas to this community... However, you have your answer from the very first reply of this thread and it never changed: if you want to do it, then do it. It's as simple as that.

Quote:
Also, I've already said that I'm not regular, so I would be a bad choice.
This is completely false. You do not need to be a regular to start a competition here as I already stated. I even gave you an example with the competition I myself started when my account was only two months old. You can't call someone a regular after so little time...

This is my last attempt to try to make you understand what I been repeating all over again. I am not going to reply again to this thread unless you really have something to add to the conversation...
Old 19-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #15
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

rogue i don't feel for reading all the comments about how incompetent you are but actually there is already one community made transport tycoon competition so if you feel for it make another one, or what =S
Old 20-03-2008, 12:27 AM   #16
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Eagle of False,

What is your 'real' problem??

It looks from this couple threads you need help, just my friend I don't think that I or anyone else on the board has to offer that kind of professional help.

I don't care how you understood my suggestion and just as I said, it would be nice to do what seems to work at other places. At least it seems to me that Kosta did listen before to some of my suggestions.

And tell you the truth, now I doubt that competition like the one at LA and EAB would work here, as it would not include prizes, and just as you said, it would be lame. The competition over there is made by most of players being over 25.

And do you know for sarcasm?? It seems to me that you don't...

@r.u.s.s. - at the moment I have enough things going on. To make competition like the one at LA & EAB you need more then one person, and it requires a lot of work and planning. It took them 3-4 years to get to the point where they are now.