Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Rejected requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-05-2004, 12:11 PM   #11
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

but Elite plus is abandonware.

i managed to get Elite 3: First encounters.

great game, also the graphics are quite cool and it has realistic phisics, but unfortunatelly i don't know what's the goal other then achieving Elite ranking). i was amazed to see what huge universe (galaxy) they created here. unfortunatelly they should put in better goals and also some other stuff is missing and would be cool. like establishing own company and having a lot of different ships, so that you could make money and at the same time do military missions.
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 25-05-2004, 12:21 PM   #12
FreeFreddy

I have all of the Elite-Series, but I never played them so son't know how good they are.

Old 25-05-2004, 12:25 PM   #13
Kiddiarni

I have settlers 1 if you want it...

Old 25-05-2004, 05:54 PM   #14
Chromanin

Quote:
There is a RPG on the site. It's called Battletech. Okay it's not just a RPG and the RPG elements are not the most important of the game but still.

The problem with RPG on the computer, at least until a few years ago, was that you where better of playing them as they where ment to be played, on a table rather then on the computer. The graffics where always bad and the gameplay only slightly better. There are of course now people who are trying to find my home adres so they can brutally murder me for saying this but I stand by my words. Up until the late nineties RPG had no place on a computer. The Baldurs Gate came out and showed us how it was done. Gorgious graphics and even better gameplay. Hour upon hour I slaved away behind my computer wandering around the sword coast finding my lost heratige. The sequal was even better. Those two combined with a few others are sadly rare exceptions. RPG are difficult to pull of on a computer and I would not know of a single one for the DOS era worthy to put on any abandonware site.
Uhuh? Baldur's gate was good but not that good, and the recent Kotor is just a shade of what the good DOS games of old times were capable of. Just look at Blades of destiny or Star Trail available on this site. And not even that, look at Wizardry 8 if you fancy graphics so much.
Chromanin is offline                         Send a private message to Chromanin
Old 25-05-2004, 06:30 PM   #15
FreeFreddy

Wizardry 6+7, Ultima Underworld - The Stygian Abyss, Ultima Underworld 2 - Labyrinth of Worlds, Lands of Lore - Throne of Chaos etc... There are many old rpg's that compared to today's times were excellent at their time.
Ultima 8. I would still pay up to 100 € to buy the promised at that time, but never developed expansion/enhanced CD-version for that really nice game...

Old 07-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #16
a1s
Hero Gamer

does anyone know if any of the EV sreies are freeware? and preferably made for PC.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 08-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #17
a1s
Hero Gamer

ok, let's go back one step:
does anyone know what Escape Velocty is?
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 08-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #18
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Nope not abandonware. In fact the game's developer's site still sells it, 20$ too heh.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/ev/
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 21-10-2006, 06:41 AM   #19
Windy

ok, this game i had A LONG time ago LOL, it was on a... i think a macintosh OS... or something like that (im not sure if they are old but i am only 15 and i played the game when i was 5 -8) its sorta like elite... what you did was transport passangers, cargo in a certain amount of time or did missions for the army or something, im not sure it was a LONG time ago... i also so remember there was like a star wars ad-on because i remeber dad telling me not to use the old save files because i would be in a strange area with a really fast ship, and when i say fast you would go flying across the screen... but you could buy things to add on to your ship and buy different ships and to travel to a new area you had to bring up a map and click on a little circle

there was some enemys to the east with really bad shields but excellent armor and you could conquer planets, i remember conquering earth really well... and enemy planets would turn red in the map screen... i know up north there were aliens and to the east there were pirates or something, can't remember what was south but to the west there was the majour enemy and i can also remember a alien race you could fight with against these enemys

if anyone could help me it would be great, i think just the name would help me remember more
Windy is offline                         Send a private message to Windy
Old 21-10-2006, 07:52 AM   #20
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

I had a question about your avatar. Are you promoting the Nazi movement or is it a joke. Even if you meant it to be funny I find anything that says the something good about the Nazi's or jokeing about it highly offensive.It could offend other people here as well.
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer