Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #21
gumpy
Game freak

One of Sierra's overlooked games. I enjoyed playing it, but it is a little bit more complicated than most Sierra game, what with the sub simulator and all of that.
gumpy is offline                         Send a private message to gumpy
Old 17-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #22
Nowhere Girl

Could anyone help me with the part when you have to signal the Coontz? I do everything as theoretically told in the walkthrough, I try tens of times with the same result every single time.

1. Does blue or red "arrow" mean that the active sonar is on?
2. I suspect it's the red one - if so, I'm doing it right up to this point. Does "sending a single ping" mean pressing shift-F3 and pressing it again after less than half a second or pressing shift-F3 and pressing it again after an audible ping is actually heard?
3. Anyway, every single time I get the message "Ship moving away at high speed". If I press it before the message about erratic pings is gone, it appears sooner. If I press it later, it appears anyway. Every single time. It's as if exactly pressing it triggered the message, even though it should trigger the right action. I seem to be doing everything as told, but not even one half of a time I can stop the ship from leaving. How can "they" expect players to react in microseconds?!
Plus - no matter if I react in two seconds, or half a second, the result is the same.
The gambling, even the battles weren't that bad (and mind that I just HATE simulators, I have never played one apart from giving it a little try), but now I'm absolutely, completely stuck while doing everything as it seems to be told.

Last edited by Nowhere Girl; 17-09-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Nowhere Girl is offline                         Send a private message to Nowhere Girl
Old 17-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #23
AndrewJFisher
Forum hobbit

Game now on sale at GOG

http://www.gog.com/game/codename_iceman
AndrewJFisher is offline                         Send a private message to AndrewJFisher