Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #371
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Opera here. Still nothing worked.

Chrome. Same thing.

IE. Doesn't work with base, but copy/paste worked as described above.

Conclusion: modern FF is only browser that exist on "site staff" machines.

Additionaly "missing security token" was generated when I had expired time, then tried to relogin in different page. Oh, well...
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 27-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #372
Brinker085
Lurker

I can also confirm the quiz isn't working. I've attempted to answer in the past two days using IE, FireFox, and Chrome. No go! Is it perhaps related to the donation banner on the top of the front page? I didn't notice any troubles before the banner was there.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I did send a donation to the Abandonia staff. Many thanks to them for all they do! Abandonia is a fantastic resource to have available on the web!
Brinker085 is offline                         Send a private message to Brinker085
Old 28-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #373
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

The Abandonia Daily Quiz is still being held to ransom today
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #374
underdog
Abandonia nerd

hey, abovo... whats up? you are aware that blocking the quiz with a dubious plea for donations (while im being bombed by non-related advertisement banners) is not going to make me donate... and i have a *hunch* im not the only one to feel that way; so, please, if you dont know how to make both the request for donations AND the quiz work... disable either... and take some time to consider what it is you want to close down...
underdog is offline                         Send a private message to underdog
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #375
chris_doom_k.
Forum hobbit

So we can't participate in the quiz unless we donate? Are they serious? Donating is always optional, that's why it's called a donation. At least someone from the staff should explain what is going on.
chris_doom_k. is offline                         Send a private message to chris_doom_k.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #376
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Chris, it was a joke earlier. You don't need to donate anything, and donating will not allow you to vote. Contest is simply was broken because of banner.

BTW, today I was able to guess in my Opera. Unfortunately (as I didn't knew game anyway) I didn't wait enough to test if base works too, but guessing is.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 03-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #377
chris_doom_k.
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Chris, it was a joke earlier. You don't need to donate anything, and donating will not allow you to vote. Contest is simply was broken because of banner.

BTW, today I was able to guess in my Opera. Unfortunately (as I didn't knew game anyway) I didn't wait enough to test if base works too, but guessing is.
Ok, thanks for your answer but the quiz still doesn't work for me.
chris_doom_k. is offline                         Send a private message to chris_doom_k.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #378
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_doom_k. View Post
Ok, thanks for your answer but the quiz still doesn't work for me.
I checked it somewhere upper in this thread, and someone else did that too. In short: guessing work in Internet Explorer only and newest Firefox - last one seems haven't problems unlike everything else. Other browsers seems blocked by this banner (at least it broke something on page for sure).

Update of my previous message: it is banner. While I cannot press "more" because page didn't load to the end, I can guess in Opera. Base is not works, but button "Guess" is. When page loaded completely, I can press "more" at banner and "open" it, but button "Guess" stops to work. Great programming, it seems.

(Tomorrow I will try to block banner altogether and see results
Old 04-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #379
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Please use the contact form, many voices can make the difference.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #380
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Aha, I cannot block banner, it's integral part of page, and not external element. :/ Great.

Well, I filled contact form. We'll see.