Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 22-09-2005, 04:52 PM   #1
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Have you always wanted to desing your own game? Do you have wacko\great ideas for a new game?

Post it!
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 22-09-2005, 05:29 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sort of. A strategy game where, depending on the scale your control takes, you can go up from a single trooper (the game would play like an FPS then) to controlling whole armies, galaxy scale. The main idea would be to have all the units fully customizable with a lot of as realistic representations of the changes as possible (ie for recruiting infantry, you can set a minimum statistic requirement, but this decreases the number of troops you can recruit etc). Also designing unique vehicle types from customizable segments.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
cpt renault
Forum hobbit

I've also thought about a game like that. Partially, it already exists, there's a game called Men of War out right now that does the variance-of-scale thing you referred to, where each soldier has their own level of ability and inventories. And its quite good at shifting from the micro to macro levels of control. The recruitment aspect would be a cool addition. Maybe the game could have a sort of simulation-conquest aspect? You take your army across a little world, recruiting and equipping your troops, then battling for control against the myriad armies that control it?
cpt renault is offline                         Send a private message to cpt renault
Old 13-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Old thread is old
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Closed Thread