Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-03-2005, 12:55 AM   #1
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

First of all, this game is definitely for adult, so if you are offended by adult game, please do not continue reading. Secondly, because of the hentai nature of the game, it will not see the light of day in this Abandonia site. I am not asking and will not ask for this game to be uploaded here. The main purpose of this thread is to reminisce the game, hence the thread is posted here under the Favorite oldies and newbies section, rather than in the Request section (I don't even think it is abandonware).

True Love is a game release by Otaku Publishing in 1994. I did not learn about it until about 2 years ago. I played it about 2 or 3 times back then. Yesterday I dropped by at a co-worker's house, and it just so happened that he was playing this game. It is why I decided to start this reminiscing thread today. I think this game should fall under dating simulation category.

In this game you play as a young pervert (but harmless ) student. Your goal is to date a girl (or more than one girl if you want to) from about ten or so female NPC in the game. Depending on which girl you are trying to impress, you need to do certain things. For example, if the girl you are chasing likes arts, you need to practice drawing so that you'll get her attention. If the girl you are chasing likes sport, be sure to do exercise and built muscle to impress her. You can study hard, gets smarter and earn respect from your female teacher or fellow student. You need to work to get some money in order to buy gifts. In short, you decide what you want to do everyday (the game length is 20 or 30 days, I do not remember exactly).

Here is a quote from review in HOTU: http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2217
Quote:
Every day when you wake up you get a chance to decide what you want to do in the morning, afternoon and night. What you decide to do (pleasure,sports,study and so on) raises your skill in that catagory. Naturally, different girls in the game are attracted to different kind of man, and your quest to charm them will not succeed if your skill in the category they like is not high enough. One of the funnest aspects of the game lies in figuring out which skill each woman is attracted to, and try to please them accordingly.
By the end of the game, you get to chose which girl, or which girls, you want to be with. Depending on your effort, the girl(s) may or may not accept your proposal. The replayability of this game is quite high as you might want to try chasing after different girls everytime you play it.

True Love is probably the one and only dating simulation game, or the only simulation game I have ever played, so I cannot really compare it with the other similar games. But I do recommend this game for those interested in dating simulation game and those not offended by adult games.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 24-03-2005, 01:36 AM   #2
JJXB
Pi-voh

didn't have the patience to play it through as i'd previously finished 3 sisters story :P
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 24-03-2005, 02:21 AM   #3
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

3 Sisters? That game name rings the bell, but I don't think I've ever played it. Anyway, True Love does not take a lot of time to finish. I think one day is sufficient to complete the game, so it is suitable to play it on weekend. The only problem is that events happen in real-time, so if you miss certain opportunities to meet and impress the girls, you need to reload your previous saved games and try again.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi