Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-02-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
Wicky
the little viking

Default [HowTo] Get an integer-scaled, pixel-perfect picture at any resolution of your choice

No stretching - No automatic aspect ratios - No screen fitting - No monitor switching resolutions - Just pixel perfect display, at any game resolution you want - and your monitor stays at your desktop's native resolution!

https://imgur.com/a/DlSjTqp

==Disclaimer==
The purpose of this installation is as follows: Every dosgame has a different native resolution and aspect ratio. Therefore we need a proper _dosbox.conf in each game folder to get pixel-perfect scaling. My .conf is setup in such a way, that running it for the first time it will use the game's native resolution... And then YOU DO THE SCALING MANUALLY.

So... If native 3:2 game resolution was 360x240 ... and you multiply with 3 to get 1080x720. This way you can upscale yourself to any resolution you want, even 3240x2160 if you wanted 1 pixel become 9x9 pixels. But your monitor won't switch resolutions, it stays at your desktop's.

I've compiled a portable, standalone package of my DosBox, that doesn't interfer with any versions of your own that you might have installed. Just unzip and follow instructions.

https://mega.nz/#!txMUUYCQ!B2s6DZO0l...7qgGMhKxE9F31s

This thread can be used by fellow Abandonia members to help each other finding out how it works hehe

Wicky

Last edited by Wicky; 28-02-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 14-03-2019, 10:34 PM   #2
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Lightbulb

Original Post

Thanks for the info and shared file, Wickypedia!