Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #161
yomurphy

and I have a question: I started in Berlin and am now market leader and have 5 or 6 restaurants. Since there doesn't seem to be anymore decent waiters, I expanded to Rome.
Here it's really difficult to get customers in the door. The restaurant can host 800+ people but there are never more the 270 customers on any given day. I have 3 standard recipes and some custom made pizzas on my menu. Any suggestions what I can do? I also heavily advertised for a week or so.
yomurphy is offline                         Send a private message to yomurphy
Old 28-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #162
velik_m
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomurphy View Post
and I have a question: I started in Berlin and am now market leader and have 5 or 6 restaurants. Since there doesn't seem to be anymore decent waiters, I expanded to Rome.
Here it's really difficult to get customers in the door. The restaurant can host 800+ people but there are never more the 270 customers on any given day. I have 3 standard recipes and some custom made pizzas on my menu. Any suggestions what I can do? I also heavily advertised for a week or so.
well the usual advertisement, lower prices...

also make sure all your capacities are there (not just chairs)

also check popularity of ingridients in pizza, maybe you have something there, people don't like - you know different town different tastes.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #163
yomurphy

well thanks for your answer. I have the deluxe 4 star oven, so there shouldn't be a kitchen capacity problem. But I have to admit that I don't have any real trendy pizzas on my menu. I was always more concerned with my Berlin operations. So I have to try that... At least I found a solution to my waiter problem and want to share it:
By giving your waiters (or cooks too for that matter) more money you increase their pizzas/day ratio.

Although I actually own the original copy from 1995, I did not know that! :amused:
yomurphy is offline                         Send a private message to yomurphy
Old 20-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #164
Dadsa

Default A few tips

Here are a few tips I found when playing the game:
1: Use high quality food. People will not come if it is low quality.
2: Buy more food than you need. The game will tell you how much you need, but get more. This is because more people will arrive.
3: Some good pizzas I made had loads of stuff on. If you put a lot on it may be expensive, but people will prefer it.
4: Get friendly with the underworld as you will get loads of money, but make sure you are not caught. It is also a good idea to have a manager, so if you are up late on an underworld mission or put in jail, he can take care of your shop.

Hope you find my tips useful!
Dadsa is offline                         Send a private message to Dadsa
Old 22-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #165
Jordo
Lurker

Any tips on selling "ice cream"? I remember where being a way to find out where weapons are cheap, but I forgot.
Jordo is offline                         Send a private message to Jordo
Old 05-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #166
ilyad

Default Confined to a single city

Hi,

I'm encountering a really weird behavior - I am only able to select the city once at the beginning of the game. When I try to travel later on, the game only charges me for the flight but never actually opens another city.

Do you guys know why can that be?
ilyad is offline                         Send a private message to ilyad
Old 05-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #167
fettoswe
Forum hobbit

How expansive should the pizza be compared to costs of the ingredients? I always tend to set the price to high or to low. Either almost no one buys it because it's to expansive or I just loose money on it then it's to cheap.
fettoswe is offline                         Send a private message to fettoswe
Old 06-10-2008, 04:51 AM   #168
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettoswe View Post
How expansive should the pizza be compared to costs of the ingredients? I always tend to set the price to high or to low. Either almost no one buys it because it's to expansive or I just loose money on it then it's to cheap.
There's no clear answer on this. In general, don't go for the cheapest nor for the best ingredients. Go for the third worst or so and take out a contract which should lower the price.

Then I would add about 30-40% to the basic price.

Also: don't forget that YOU design the pizza which means that putting too many ingredients on there will affect the price. What matters for a pizza is the score it gets after you make it (the score WILL change from game to game so saving a design for another game won't do you any good).
red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 06-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #169
fettoswe
Forum hobbit

Well I usally use contracts but my manager never shops if something else is missing.
fettoswe is offline                         Send a private message to fettoswe
Old 08-10-2008, 01:56 AM   #170
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettoswe View Post
Well I usally use contracts but my manager never shops if something else is missing.
Yeah the manager AI is flaky which is not unusual for games of that time. The contracts help and then I manually visit the restaurants every few days to see if they need more ingredients.
red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar