Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-01-2007, 06:08 AM   #41
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Just a few days ago I installed a game called "Psychotoxic". Got it from a mag cover DVD, and honestly didn't expect much from it, especially with the incredibly boring first level.

Well, later it got better. Two of the levels I've gotten through so far are actually comparable with the scarier sequences in VTM Bloodlines... a recommendation by itself.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-01-2007, 06:06 AM   #42
Morrin
Underground

VtM: Bloodlines fan patch is still living and newer versions being developed. Very good to have if you have VtM.
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 20-01-2007, 08:34 AM   #43
JJXB
Pi-voh

the suffering. for the pure and simple way it screws with your head, no matter when your playing it (it's kinda scary when your trying to fight a gas spirit that you have to get into a furnace)
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 20-01-2007, 04:02 PM   #44
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

Psyhotoxic = bad game
Old 20-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #45
mglsharkson

The Suffering - like the constant evil taunts and flashbacks! Some good boss fights. Be sure to check out the "haunted prison" video hidden away on the cd, I almost missed it. And the bonus "prequel" level when you finish the game - step on the bird!

Anybody know where the other endings are hiding on the web, I finish and got the "middle" ending. Don't like to go back and play the other versions (too much time) just to see the other endings.

Just bought the full 4cd set of "Realms of the Haunting" after playing the abonware rip and reading reviews rxing the cd's I decided to splurge.

M
Old 22-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #46
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Psyhotoxic = bad game[/b]
I disagree.
Psychotoxic = good concept, faulty execution.
It has a few highlights, if you are persistent enough to keep playing it after the first level.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #47
UnHoly
Super Freak

Try Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi. It's got a great gothic atmosphere, really spooky. And the music, it's truly one of the best soundtracks i heard in computer game. Sometimes the game scared me almost to death. If you like classic horror movies like Dracula etc. you will love this game. It has got some minor bugs in graphic and the engine, but when you got sucked you don't look at them.

Another nice title is Thief: The Dark Project. Maybe it's not a pure horror, but it has some scary levels like haunted cathedral.
UnHoly is offline                         Send a private message to UnHoly
Old 27-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #48
mglsharkson

Painkiller had some nice "horror" levels with churchs, graveyards, critters etc.

Quake 1 had the same also. I like the mood much more then Quake 2, dark and full of mystery, even as a first person shooter. Very fun to play!

Those where the days....

M
Old 31-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #49
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

Clive Barker's Undying is quite good.

Oh and Resident Evil: Survivor for the PSOne is semi-decent. It's about a secret agent who develops amnesia as he investigates a zombie outbreak on Sheena Island. The UK version was compatible with a light gun, but this was not available for the US edition (probably because of school violence).

Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted
Old 31-01-2007, 10:02 PM   #50
Tito
Alley Cat

I have to agree to "Thief: The Dark Project". You are so vulnerable anytime an enemy spots you that you are in permanent tension (and also the scary levels as mentioned).

Also, "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" is great at building a scary atmosphere. The problem is that both games aren't exactly shooters.