Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-07-2005, 09:23 AM   #11
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

There are some things that are just not correct in the first post, if not lies. But I guess it is all part of the joke.
I agree though that the last 10 years have been awful, not so much about music though. I remember when I stopped watching MTV several years ago when it felt like no matter what time you switched it on you always had the same two songs playing, one with a man/men artist and one with a woman/women who sang at the same exact rythm, almost the same music and almost the same lyrics. I believe they are called RnB but could be wrong since I never cared for labels. When I watch music videos now (online only) I notice that with very very limited exceptions the top videos (according to whom I wonder) are always about either the poor black guy who became rich with music and have all the women wanting them for their money, the woman that can make it without her ex, or the band of young white males that have a couple of sentences at first and then all you can hear is a heavy light guitar noise and something that approximates singing if you are very kind.
There are exceptions (always for me), like say John Legend or Michael Buble but all in all things are always the same I guess.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 02-07-2005, 01:39 PM   #12
omg
Games Master

i have seen some cool vidios over the years. late nights mtv europe sometimes does abient sessions and like nice dnb. just the days and the main peak hours are saturated by what they think you can be convinced into buying. but you get the odd good show.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 02-07-2005, 03:42 PM   #13
lethe
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios+Jul 2 2005, 09:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (efthimios @ Jul 2 2005, 09:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>There are some things that are just not correct in the first post, if not lies.* But I guess it is all part of the joke.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Lethe

Any statistics, information about artists or dates, unless obvious, are purely fictional and were created by my boredom. [/quote]

lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 02-07-2005, 11:24 PM   #14
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Arrow

The last decade was indeed awful. Like those TV shows that cast new *cough* stars. It seems you have to be famous before you sell your first record now. Anyway Queen were the best and Jeff Scott Soto RULES ! No matter what, some guys still love to play and do it good. Not in Arenas anymore, but the clubs are OK ! :whistle:
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 06-07-2005, 08:07 PM   #15
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

As I said before, it's Tim Westwood.

Some good bands have come out of the last 10 years though. Faithless are great for example.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 06-07-2005, 09:23 PM   #16
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Basement Jaxx, they're ace.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 07-07-2005, 12:59 AM   #17
omg
Games Master

moloko have also done some wicked tunes. and i love lamb, they are just so nice.
shame massive attack went ultra ambient.
i think there is more good music now than people think. just there is more manufactured music as well and there are two major culprits for this
culprit 1: antares auto tune.
that little bitch helps any singer sing in pitch. i also think it is no major coincidence that scince the hardware version came out more and more of what i would consider to be lame voiced pop singers are singing live.
culprit 2: melodyne
this little cunning bit of software enables you to manipulate audio information like its midi. in breif you can taKE one vocal line and construct a huge multipart harmony out from it. i hear it on a lot of the poo that comes out from the radio. same as antares, once you know what your listing for you can hear it.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg