Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 25-04-2006, 06:30 AM   #31
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Yesss...

Maybe we need someone to get killed by other forum member in real life..

That would make a real legend
Old 25-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #32
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Bye bye Kon-Tiki. Have a good life outside of Abandonia! :bye:
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 26-04-2006, 01:31 AM   #33
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

It's sad to see great members like Tiki and Seb go away, but if they don't feel comfortable anymore with the site it would be unjust of them not to do it.
Technically speaking, it's quite a loss for the updating/moderating team, since they both did a huuuuuge load of work for this site; this is expecially felt in the updating part, with Seb being the main updater & reviewer (I'm assuming that, but it could as well be Tom- not sure) and Tiki updater-main prepper (fixing together all the stuff we need to update a certain game).

Yet I've seen Tom coming back with the same workaholic attitude of the old times, and the updating team is still rocking, so I guess we won't stop flooding the net with abandoned games and superior reviews for a while

Raf, see ya on msn. Hope the project will be going on fine.

And guys, "dark side of Kon-Tiki"?? :blink: C'mon. It sounds more like a crossover scifi-horror movie than a serious statement.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 26-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #34
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

What a F is going on??? Why are they leaving????

I wasn't here for 2 weeks and everything goes to hell (this is just a bad joke in a bad time, ignore it)

I don't understand a bit. The bare fact that this is site based on volontary work garanties no argues in contributing. Don't get it.

Why did you closed Seb's leaving topic just because few guys went offtopic??????
There might be more of us who got something to say.

I'm gonna miss those guys. I never spoked with kon tiki but i was sort of working with Seb. I was sending my reviews directly to him for update.

I also was starting to wander how he managed to be so active here while he was working and had some other activities in scholl, not to mention his girl (i guess she is his wife now)

What can i say guys, i wish you all the luck of this world in "real" life
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 26-04-2006, 06:47 PM   #35
Wolf Thug
Super Freak

You cant blame someone because someone else left if you wanna leave ...goodbye......No one died and maybe its better cause someone else could take there place huh?
Wolf Thug is offline                         Send a private message to Wolf Thug
Old 26-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #36
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

I understand that it creates a fuss when two members suddenly decides to leave the site, but all this speculation isn't going to help. The reason for why they left have been given, and they both left of their own free will.

Seb left because he didn't want to follow the rules set by the admins of this site, and decided to leave completely - instead of just giving up his Mod posistion and continue with being an updater and a member.

What was the rule he didn't want to follow?
That posting smiley only posts are considered mild spam.
He didn't want to agree to that, so he deleted every single game on his computer that he had planned to upload to the site, and literally ditched the site and his fellow updaters.

Some might say that this was a spitefull move from his side...

Tiki left simply because Seb left.
And just like Seb, he gave no warning of this beforehand. He simply left. So another updater just ditching the rest of the updating crew.

Something I personally find highly unprofessional.

I have a huge respect for the work they have done, but not for the way they left.

And ranting about them leaving - and what have we done to keep them? - and why did they leave? - and why didn't we stop them? - and why did they lea.... isn't going to change the fact that they left. And what could we do to stop or keep them? They left in the blink of an eye.

Listening to all this reminds me of being in a college class, and having a couple people whine and rant in the middle of class about two of their friends dropping the course. It doesn't do the rest of the class anything good, and it makes it 100 times more difficult to concentrate about the work needing to be done.

If this topic is so fascinating, then please take the debate outside the classroom. There are people here that need to work, and who need to move on.

It's closing time.