Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-02-2009, 03:10 AM   #1
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

Default Wrath of Earth

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download (if available)

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 16-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Soulsick

well i played this game olny 5 min (olny to check if it works) and i think that it is a pretty good game i write some more if i find some free time to play it
Soulsick is offline                         Send a private message to Soulsick
Old 20-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
angry axe
O for Awesome

awesome game, hate the mutants when they get close to you in a small space and you dont have time to change weapon

Last edited by angry axe; 20-02-2009 at 10:31 AM.
angry axe is offline                         Send a private message to angry axe
Old 20-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
DooMJake

how do i save in this game?
DooMJake is offline                         Send a private message to DooMJake
Old 21-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
AlumiuN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMJake View Post
how do i save in this game?
F10 takes you to the menu. I know, it's kind of weird.

EDIT: AA, I'm glad you liked it. Remember to have the rapid ionic cannon out before you enter a room.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
Old 22-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
DooMJake

Thanks. F10 worked.

Now another question what funktion does Weapon 2 have? It fires slower than the 3rd and does the same damage?
DooMJake is offline                         Send a private message to DooMJake
Old 22-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
rsdworker
Abandonia nerd

looks great - i played it its amazing game but i was wondering if extras with it?

Last edited by rsdworker; 22-02-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: removed quote
rsdworker is offline                         Send a private message to rsdworker
Old 23-02-2009, 06:33 AM   #8
AlumiuN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMJake View Post
Thanks. F10 worked.

Now another question what funktion does Weapon 2 have? It fires slower than the 3rd and does the same damage?
Weapon 2 uses less energy per shot than Weapon 3. I use it a lot when I don't need to annihilate a large group of Mentors quickly (which is pretty much never ). The usage rate of Weapon 3 is roughly equal to the recharge rate in the open at daytime, if that makes any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdworker View Post
looks great - i played it its amazing game but i was wondering if extras with it?
I do have a box, but it was part of a Softkey box set with some other shareware bits and pieces, so it would look kind of weird. I could ask Ermuli, he might have it. That or we could scab the shots from MobyGames.

Old 18-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #9
DarkStar88
Forum hobbit

Default The little game that could have

How glad I am to see WoE up on Abandonia, with a fair review and working download link. Plucked from a discount rack years ago at a store whose name I forget, this obscure game surpassed my expectations on all measures. It is high time it was given a fair shake.

The essence of this game can be distilled to this: WoE has the ability to take you out of your seat and put you in the shoes of the protagonist. Turn off the lights, find a good set of headphones, and clear your schedule for the next eight hours. Block out the world for a time and you will become that lone soldier in the BTS suit. Exhausted. Jumpy. Horrified. Overwhelmed. Confused. And with the terrible knowledge that your mission is far, far from over.

Know your enemies, watch your status, and at all times remember the Golden Rule of Battle --- In order to win you must defeat every enemy you encounter. The enemy only has to defeat the one of you.

Perhaps one of these days I'll write a proper walkthrough for Woe, seeing as there is none.
DarkStar88 is offline                         Send a private message to DarkStar88
Old 18-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #10
AlumiuN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar88 View Post
How glad I am to see WoE up on Abandonia, with a fair review and working download link. Plucked from a discount rack years ago at a store whose name I forget, this obscure game surpassed my expectations on all measures. It is high time it was given a fair shake.

The essence of this game can be distilled to this: WoE has the ability to take you out of your seat and put you in the shoes of the protagonist. Turn off the lights, find a good set of headphones, and clear your schedule for the next eight hours. Block out the world for a time and you will become that lone soldier in the BTS suit. Exhausted. Jumpy. Horrified. Overwhelmed. Confused. And with the terrible knowledge that your mission is far, far from over.

Know your enemies, watch your status, and at all times remember the Golden Rule of Battle --- In order to win you must defeat every enemy you encounter. The enemy only has to defeat the one of you.

Perhaps one of these days I'll write a proper walkthrough for Woe, seeing as there is none.
I'm glad to see you agree with me. Although I'll admit that I spent far longer than 8 hours playing the game... Did your budget version have a box?

EDIT: And did the Alien Artifact in Level 3 have a purpose?

Last edited by AlumiuN; 19-03-2009 at 12:17 AM.