Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Well, ever since Reup or someone in the Fith Horseman's thread in this forum mentioned a Warcraft thing I thought hmm... Now there's an idea. So I've made one after spending a couple of hours on making a map without bases. That would be just silly to show you were the bases are.

It goes like this. I'm going to be captain of the Red team. Which means I'll be playing as myself. The other teams will be computer players. There will be a captain of each team and five other team mates. If there's more wanting to play we'll wait until there's enough for one to go on each team making six team mates. The captains of each team need to decide whether they're human or orc race.

I'm taking screenshots but I'm unsure of one thing. Should I use the show whole of map cheat to show you what all teams are doing? Please put your suggestions in the thread. But now we're using Starcraft we'll use replay mode.

You can submit your own maps if you want. As long as there's eight teams. (seven computer and one normal player.) And all teams start with the same supplies (e.g. 4 peasants) If you're making a map you should PM me a small thumbnail like the map at the bottom, with just land and sea. No landmarks or players. No trees or anything.

But it's now been changed to Starcraft because of the high behind kicking of the game compared to Warcraft II. Click here for details on the different races. And as a new feature you may choose a hero. I'll design a webpage with all of them in. but for now be patient.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF STARCRAFT, YOU STILL CAN VIEW REPLAYS. USE THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM BWCHART REPLAY ANALYSER v1.03. THE DOWNLOAD WILL START WHEN YOU CLICK THIS LINK.

Available Heroes:

Terran:
Gui Montang (Firebat)
Terran Civilian (Terran Civilian)
Sarah Kerrigan (Ghost)
Jim Raynor (Vulture)
Jim Raynor (Marine)
Magellan (Science Vessel)
Edmund Duke (Siege Tank)
Edmund Duke (Siege Mode)
Hyperion (Battlecruiser)

Zerg:
Torrasque (Ultrlalisk)
Matriarch (Queen)
Infested Kerrigan (Infested Terran)
Unclean One (Defiler)
Devouring One (Zergling)
Kukulza (Mutalisk)
Kukulza (Guardian)

Protoss:
Dark Templar (Dark Templar)
Tassadar/Zeratul (Archon)
Tassadar (High Templar)
Mojo (Scout)

Teams:

Red (Protoss)
- Bobbin Threadbare*(Danimoth)
- RedHeadSebbe (Warbringer)
- Blood-Pigggy (Gantrithor)
-
-
-

Blue (Terran)
- SupSuper* (Norad II)
-
-
-
-
-

Teal (Protoss)
- ReamusLQ* (Fenix[Zealot])
- Danny252
-
-
-
-

Violet (Zerg)
- Quintopotere* (Yggdrasill)
- Jimbo The Legend (Hunter Killer)
-
-
-
-

Orange (Protoss)
- Beefonthebone* (Fenix [Dragoon])
-
-
-
-
-

Brown (Terran)
- a1s* (Tom Kazansky)
- Toxik (Alan Schezar)
-
-
-
-

White (Protoss)
-
- Fawfulhasfury
-
-
-
-
-

Yellow (Protoss)
- TheChosen*(Zeratul)
-
-
-
-
-
*Captain

Next playing map

Start with: heroes, four workers (SCV's, Probes, Drones)
Old 20-09-2005, 02:41 PM   #2
a1s
Hero Gamer

can you explain this concept again? if we aren't players (computers are) and aren't charecters (there are only peasants on that map), then how are we related to this mess.
allso, wasn't there some way to record games in WC? or is that only in 3?

in other news, I claim team black, an until someone esle is elected by a majority of votes, I am it's acting captain (and for the time being, I choose orcs)
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 20-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
allyfaucet
Abandonia nerd

I can't play because I don't have a computer! My warcraft is somewhere... :whistle:
allyfaucet is offline                         Send a private message to allyfaucet
Old 20-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #4
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

You guilted me into doing this in the "Who will post next forum" by saying no posted yet, so here I am!

Dibs on being Green Orcs!
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 20-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

@Reamus: I'm assuming you wanna be captain?
@a1s: The computer players although you start out with four peasents the computer will most likely get one to build a town hall then another will collect gold, another cut trees and another to build a farm. I don't know if that's what the computer will decide but that's what I do. There's a non-computer player because you can't play all computer player. It'd also be fun to see who wins. If by record yo mean save you can do that in Warcraft II. Can you think of a better way to work this out?
@allyfaucet: You don't need Warcraft to join in this. The only one who needs Warcraft is me.
Old 20-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #6
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare+Sep 20 2005, 03:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bobbin Threadbare @ Sep 20 2005, 03:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> The computer players although you start out with four peasents the computer will most likely get one to build a town hall then another will collect gold, another cut trees and another to build a farm. I don't know if that's what the computer will decide but that's what I do. There's a non-computer player because you can't play all computer player. It'd also be fun to see who wins.[/b]

I would understand how this system would work if you gave computer players peoples names, but you are recruiting teams! how does a team work together? why is it formed? what do individual players do? can you find some alternative ai files for the computer player? what if we submit them? (no, I don't have one on hand, I'm just asking). and so on and so forth.

<!--QuoteBegin-Bobbin Threadbare
@Sep 20 2005, 03:03 PM
* If by record yo mean save you can do that in Warcraft II. [/quote]
no. I belive the proper term is "replay", that is when you have all the actions of all players recorded in a file and you can make the game reproduce them on screen.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 20-09-2005, 03:39 PM   #7
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Could i be the captain of the violet team of undeads?
Old 20-09-2005, 04:05 PM   #8
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

@a1s: So do you suggest that we have one person playing as each team? I'm unsure on how players contribute. I only made members so it would be fair that everyone could play. And also I ask again: Do you have a better system?

No, there's no replay option.

@Quinto: You're thinking of Warcraft 3. Then only race you can choose is Orc and Human in this sorry. I'll keep the violet team as a reserve for you.
Old 20-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #9
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Put me in the white orcs. Plz.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 20-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #10
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare@Sep 20 2005, 04:05 PM
@Quinto: You're thinking of Warcraft 3. Then only race you can choose is Orc and Human in this sorry. I'll keep the violet team as a reserve for you.
Erm... uh... i made a mistake...

Ok, i think that there are too orcs: it's time for humans to combat!
Give me a team of brave humans and i'll conquest the world :Titan: