Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
sollitdude

Default since when is ascendancy protected?

i thought that logic factory had made ascendancy freeware, because they now earn a crapload of money on the ios version? or did they made is esa protected because of this?

Last edited by Japo; 04-05-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: fix request thread title
sollitdude is offline                         Send a private message to sollitdude
Old 04-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

I changed the title of the thread, because threads on this board have a special naming convention.

"ESA protected" is just the result of a set of generic criteria. Where did you find the information that the old DOS version was made freeware? I can't find anything on Logic Factory's website:

http://www.logicfactory.com/main/Ascendancy.html
Old 04-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Logic Factory has *requested* that we disable the game's downloads because they were re-releasing it for iOS.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
sollitdude

ahh, thats a shame ive always downloaded ascendancy from abandonia because it was the best version, but i havnt had to download it for a year or 2. so i guess in that time it has become protected.

i hate it that the mobile version is iphone limited -.- especially with all the uncertainty around apple these days, they lost alot of cases where they were allowed to use the name iphone, and they arnt gaining much popularity either. they would have been better off creating it for android
sollitdude is offline                         Send a private message to sollitdude
Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
Japo
Autonomous human

Why was this moved out of Requests? This information should be on Rejected Requests, for future reference. After the OP's question I searched for a Request thread and found none, and I had no idea that Logic Factory had contacted Abandonia. If this thread were in Rejected Requests, every staff member will be able to find this information in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollitdude View Post
i hate it that the mobile version is iphone limited -.- especially with all the uncertainty around apple these days, they lost alot of cases where they were allowed to use the name iphone, and they arnt gaining much popularity either. they would have been better off creating it for android
Yeah they should at least release an additional Android port. If they're making money off the iPhone they'll make more off Android, and it can't be so hard to port if they already did for one mobile platform...
Old 04-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

because its not a Request per se but a Question to why the game cannot be downloaded from Abandonia, so i moved it away.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...307#post423307

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #8
Japo
Autonomous human

Again, if this info isn't in Requests, nobody can be expected to find it ever again...
Old 28-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Talking Helloooooo Thereeeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Again, if this info isn't in Requests, nobody can be expected to find it ever again...
I found it, didn't I? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm not admin and I don't need the info...

Hehe, talk to Mr. Horseman if you need Admin talk

I'll have to see what Acendency is. Sounds interesting from what's been said. I wonder if they have a version for Android yet. I have a Kindle and Android Phone.

Heh, okay, go back to your Acendency talks.

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ

Last edited by StaaViinsZ; 28-09-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: No Editing done-- Just don't move me! XD
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ