Go Back   Forums > Graveyard > Trash Can
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
MasterandCommander-Guest
Default Suggestion: don't waste your time I.P. banning

I have a limitless supply of Internet protocol addresses, for the amount of posts I choose to post.

This is a suggestion: in no way does it infer I'm at all at any inconvenience by your actions.

If you take a Pavlov's form of satisfaction from doing it, then I suggest you seek therapy, because that's highly irrational, as there's no real positive reinforcement, as it does nothing, to the desired effect.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Go ahead then, it seems you have lot of time to waste.
As every community we have rules, if you don't respect them we can't allow you to post.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
Test for moderation
Default test for moderation

Master Commander sucks
Dave =)

Last edited by Dave; 01-10-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

You must be like the party guest who gets drunk, puts a lampshade on his head, tells dirty jokes to the spinster aunts and eats all the crab sticks, then acts incredulous when the host tells him the party's over and everyone wants to go to bed.

Some people just don't get the hint. If you want to steal other people's hard work and not pay them for it, go do it somewhere else. Please.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 01-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
bobson
Game is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterandCommander-Guest View Post
I have a limitless supply of Internet protocol addresses, for the amount of posts I choose to post.
Global amount of IP's is limited, you can't get above that
Old 01-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-satan View Post
Global amount of IP's is limited, you can't get above that
Mabe he's a cyborg troll from the future, using IPv7 or even IPv8..

Last edited by hunvagy; 01-10-2009 at 12:52 PM.
hunvagy is offline                         Send a private message to hunvagy
Old 01-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There he sits, far below the surface in the bowels of the earth. Deep within the dank and festering cave known to those few who dare speak it's name as The Basement Parentes.

"Limitless IP's, LIMITLESS!" he cackles to himself repeatedly, as he mashes the keyboard with his tumescent and filth encrusted fingers.

"The Internet must know what I think about Settlers 2 Gold!" he squeals, his voice rising like the scream of a dying pig. His brow begins to sweat. In the corner of his dark hovel a phalanx of collectible anime figurines stare forlornly down at him from a shelf - they are doomed to watch this fetid tableaux for all eternity.

Far, far above the sun is shining. The leaves are turning to rich reds and orange in the Autumn air. Lovers walk arm in arm in the park talking sweetness to one another. A dog bounds across the lawn chasing a bright blue ball. The world keeps happily turning.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

He won't get far anymore, thus we can close this thread.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterandCommander-Guest View Post
And again a research FAIL. There is a finite number of proxies, therefore a finite number of adresses you can use. At some point you will run out.

Quote:
This is a suggestion: in no way does it infer I'm at all at any inconvenience by your actions.
This is a statement of a fact: When visiting someone in their house, you have to follow their rules while you're there or leave.

In the same vein, when using our forum you have to follow our rules or have a meeting with the banstick. Repeated, if you continue returning and being a nuisance.

Incidentally, a blatant attempt to violate site policy followed by an attempt to ridicule said policy using entirely faulty arguments qualifies as being a nuisance.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman