Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Yoga: Okay. Can you put the HDD with your old OS into a USB enclosure and see if the partitions are accessible to another computer?

If yes, then the problem with it may be limited to boot sector and/or partition table and you should be able to recover your data by copying them from it.

If no, then we'll talk about using a data recovery tool called DMDE.

WARNING: Since you've got Windows 7 on it, try to make sure you're also trying to view its contents using Win 7 (I'm not sure about file system compatibility).
WARNING: If your computer states something to the extent that the partition is unformatted, DO NOT allow it to format it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #12
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Yoga: Okay. Can you put the HDD with your old OS into a USB enclosure and see if the partitions are accessible to another computer?

If yes, then the problem with it may be limited to boot sector and/or partition table and you should be able to recover your data by copying them from it.

WARNING: Since you've got Windows 7 on it, try to make sure you're also trying to view its contents using Win 7 (I'm not sure about file system compatibility).
WARNING: If your computer states something to the extent that the partition is unformatted, DO NOT allow it to format it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post

Dear all AB mates,

I did not lost important info, except 10-15 MP3, which i will find in a mean time.
Moreover my save strategy avoids any such lost.
I am not PC user, who keeps million of GB of music, films, pictures and like.
No, i am lazy hooligan, who want to play games and read crimi books.
Nothing more.

Anyway
yes, i was unable, being in HDD with Win ME (FAT32 partition) to read files in HDD 7with NTFS partition.
So named "important data" i use to save in large flash memory devices (2 X 8 GB) or send to my Gmail accounts which allow me to keep about 7 GB. I have 5 accounts. Or burn on DVD.
Or to use my home network to save some data from the first PC to second one and vise versa.
There is another option - Google drive - but someone told me that Google is able to read my files.
ha ha ha
Read!?
So what? To read how brave will kill last boss in Dungeon master 2?
Or see my progress with Neverwinter nights 2?
No problem.
Moreover i use to archive my data with Winrar and then protect with password.
I am able to protect my *.docx or *.doc files with passwords also.

I think (dosraider is not sure and laugh at me) i may recover my PC even after deleting of all my data after some incident.

But many thanks to all AB mates who sincerely helped me.

OFF topic

May some one help me more showing some programs for voice reading of electronic books, something like that -
the lazy yoga is laying on the sofa and his PC sound device reading the book for the brave?
Yes, there is Russian program Govorilka (Speaker) (both langs are not so different) but this program has not support of my native BG lang. I am using this program for books with Russian lang now but need BG lang supporting program.

TY again.