Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-04-2005, 07:44 PM   #61
Kakarot
Lurker

i have another question, thanks for the help with blocking...but what is the best way to approach the game once you first become a daimyo? i'm obviously new to the game but i'm having real trouble here. i can't build up an army and one of the bigger daimyo's always comes and knocks me out of the game.
Kakarot is offline                         Send a private message to Kakarot
Old 22-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #62
Spookyfish
Game freak

It's really not that hard... Just make sure you do any bold deeds or join in on any campaigns your lord announces. You can use F1, F2, and F3 to check the map, statistics, and if there's any available 'jobs' up. The bold deeds are usually some 'kill all the baddies' tasks in villages or ricefields, and they're really walkovers on anything but the no-daichi difficulty. The military campaigns are pretty simple as well, just make sure you never attack any unit from the front. You can manouvre your troops around freely if you're attacking without having to worry about the enemy attacking back; all they do is turning for the closest of your units. And if you win a battle, you get more land, hence you can have more samurai, so it's a win-win situation unless you lose. So, basicly, maintaining your army and your honour are the two important things you need to worry about when you want to gain your lord's favour.

Uh, this was pretty long. Hope it helps .
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 26-04-2005, 07:55 AM   #63
Kümmel

What to do after becoming Daimyo?

To conquer all of Japan you will need troops (I believe 12.700 is the maximum - Sophisticated
units come automatically with great numbers). In order to equip enough samurai you will need
both honor and a big fief (land) and you should begin building it up during your time as hatamoto.

* Honor: Just live the clingon way.
* Fief: Take every opportunity to do a campaign for your lord you will be rewarded by a fief
increase. If nothing else helps raise taxes.
* Do not waste rice paddies to buddist monks.

Once daimyo press F1 and find out which other daimyos can be overthrown easily (i.e. have smaller
armies).

You are given the option to conquer a neighbour always if that was not your previous action so you
can conquer an enemy every second round. Do so at least until your fief is very large.

By then you should have gotten the hang of it.

Now go and show them!
:Titan:

Old 03-05-2005, 07:46 AM   #64
Kümmel

I am still on that 300 year quest and have not so far succeeded.

However: By now I might have a clue, that it has got something to do with the
heirs age. Having a child heir is not the solution and even reduces the final score
by more than 200. Maybe an old one does the trick but that feels wrong. Or maybe
one needs more than one son but thats so gambling...

Old 13-05-2005, 02:52 AM   #65
RPGSwallow

To get 300 yr of shogun if I'm not wrong you must play at the highest difficulty setting (when starting new game, choose the longest sword in sword selection, it's difficulty setting). Try to accomplish the game as fast as you can and have all stats maxed out (sword, honor, generalship) and conquer all the fief i think, not pick "declare yourself shogun".

Btw, this game rocks, the best game in gaming history, the only one that some similiarity like this i think is only covert action. If anyone looking the manual I think they can found it in http://www.replacementdocs.com or http://replacementdocs.com i think.

Maybe someone here can make the remake in 3d using opengl or direct3d to make the game 3d. If someone intrested in making the remake there's many tutorial in web.

Old 13-05-2005, 05:07 AM   #66
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
The 3 brethren duel... now that's a tough one to do without getting hit once, even with that trick* You seriously need alot of training for that, or you end up being humus.
Ha! I managed to beat them without a scratch.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 13-05-2005, 07:59 AM   #67
Kümmel

@Chosen
It is quite achievable, ne? Here is another hint for all of you still working on mastering the blade:
If you are blocked all the time while slashing: Give your opponent a little break... regularily hits him off balance.

@RPGSwallow
I already tried a fast game (even cheating as daimyo, by reloading the game if random encounters
became too scarce for maxing out the stats before the game is won) but played half
heartedly in murdering my lord hatamoto and waiting for the daimyo to die a "natural" way.

Thanks for your hint! I shall give it both tries:
* Murdering any lord in the way (for winning real fast)
* Playing fast yet samurai-like, upholding the lord's interests.

Old 17-05-2005, 01:09 AM   #68
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

My problem is I want to be honorable, but if I do too well I attract unwanted enemy attention.

Then I end up spending alot of time at home trying to keep from being dishonored
I get alot of ransom that way though I suppose
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 17-05-2005, 03:49 AM   #69
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Can always enter the estates of the rivals and keep dishonouring them, or inciting revolts. 't Helps too, cause you'll keep them occupied with more pressing, but temporary matters.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 17-05-2005, 03:53 AM   #70
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

I have this thing about avoiding their houses

I don't mind so much when I am just vying for clan leader...it really drives me crazy later on when I they get bigger palaces to infiltrate.

almost wish I could just hire some ninja to do it for me, but that would be cheating. But I have to sit down and have a glass of water by the time I get half way through them houses
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian