Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #501
bene

Quote:
i have everything except of two types of ufos.type one whitch allways explodes and type 5 whitch i don't have and whitch won't come again i think because now there are only the bombers and motherships...it seems to me that i have restart :wallbash:
[/b]
i'm really bad in english sorry but the german forum too!

Old 02-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #502
bombo

This is one of the best games I've ever played. I've been playing it occasionally since 1997 and I still find new stuff! This is awesome k:

Old 02-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #503
The Duke
Forum hobbit

i managed to get the music working, it had something to do with VDM sound and some mouse thing, my cd version of the game and a cd crack. and it runs smooth as and with the music. Ive been playing for the last week (on and off, i do have to work .) Any way if anyone with the cd wants to know how i did it get into contact me.
The Duke is offline                         Send a private message to The Duke
Old 02-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #504
Roadkill
Forum hobbit

I love this game!

I have got the Cd version, when I heards that micropose went under I though I thought not many other people other than me would ever enjoy this game.... hell I was was wrong!
If u dont try this game then you will indeed regret it some time down the line, honest it is brilliant! ... accept the ending - I could have asked for more there.

Thank you Abandonia for contributing such a great game (one of the best ever) or should I day thank you Tom Henrik

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bene @ Jun 22 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]238888[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Jun 22 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]238827[/snapback]
Quote:
Quote:
i made this and researched all the following things and much more but there is no better craft unlocked[/b]
You really need to have researched everything you can, then have the biggest research modules and the new engeneering module too before you can build those new crafts. There is some research topics you simply can't research unless you initiate them in the bigger modules. Are you sure you did that already?

Like The Horseman said, there is also the research on the Alien craft themselves which you must also do before the new crafts are unlocked. This mean that you must not simply destroy the Alien UFO when they appear, you must allow them to crash and recover them at least once for each kind of ship, then research them.
[/b]
i have everything except of two types of ufos.type one whitch allways explodes and type 5 whitch i don't have and whitch won't come again i think because now there are only the bombers and motherships...it seems to me that i have restart :wallbash:
[/b][/quote]

use masses of those crappy hoverbikes, you will take down ufo's but never blow em up and they dont get shot down so easily believe it or not. but if u have missed em first time round u are indeed screwed as u cant invade the alien dimension and get em there because when u shoot em down (even if u dont destroy them) when they land on the gorund they will blow up... crap aint it.

Oh yeah if u like this game try the first 2 before this one - ufo1 enemy unknown and Ufo 2 Terror from the deep (both Dos games)
I think I got em cluttering around somewhere and will send em to Abandonia when and if I find em.

To get this game running well under windows xp though u will need two things (mouse2k and vdmsound - check google for em)
Roadkill is offline                         Send a private message to Roadkill
Old 03-07-2006, 02:29 AM   #505
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Yep hoverbikes got an amassing evasion ability that makes them near undestructible for alien weapons, guns are the only weaponary able to get them in some reasonable time.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:27 AM   #506
GarretNightwolf

ok i have a problem i can get th game to run in XP but i can't save and i get no sound. any one know how to fix this?

Old 03-07-2006, 04:58 AM   #507
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Make sure your files are not flagged as Read-Only. Also make sure you do have a savegame directory.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:00 AM   #508
GarretnightWolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Jul 3 2006, 12:58 AM) [snapback]241139[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Make sure your files are not flagged as Read-Only. Also make sure you do have a savegame directory.
[/b]
k where do i add the savegame directory?
GarretnightWolf is offline                         Send a private message to GarretnightWolf
Old 03-07-2006, 11:24 PM   #509
laiocfar
NOD Commander

C:\X-Com - Apocalypse\xcom3\Savegame

Each saved game will be in two files (an tactical one and another strategical)
Old 04-07-2006, 12:36 AM   #510
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
k where do i add the savegame directory?[/b]
In the game root directory.