Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #261
Szilvio
Forum hobbit

[quote=NotRegist;355792] Here is an answer to post #258

"I just got done finishing the game with cheats in House Harkonnen. .... The Enemy Missile always hits my base while mine is like 1/2 the time."

You don't need cheats even with the improved AI. Enough to save often and if you had been hit hardly, reload the game and prepare for defense, or prepare an attack. If enemy launches Missile you need to have a save before his launch, than you have chance that AI miss the target (if you also increase speed of the game, than you have also higher chance that he miss the target). For your Missile save before launch and decrease the game speed. If you saved after the rocket launch, rocket will hit always the same place AI's and yours too.

"The Max buildings I have are quite low, I can only build the staples such as a refinery, barracks, heavy vehicle factory, no hi tech or palace and then after that I can only build 3 turrets but the people beating the game seam to not have this limitation."

May be stupid question, but do you have radar station? If you have no radar, you can not build higher structures. You have to have some buildings to be able to build new ones...

Last edited by Szilvio; 11-03-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Szilvio is offline                         Send a private message to Szilvio
Old 17-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #262
NotReg

"There is a AI pack that increases difficulty, perhaps you have that one installed?"

Yea that must have been it, I just got done beating last mission with the Scenario pak from the downloads section and wadda ya know it was easy.
Whoever released that version of Dune2 for regular download deserves to have his unit caught on fire (why his sonic tanks of course which unit did you think I was talking about?).

Old 21-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #263
jerryboy

hey the music dosent work for me. someone got a idea?

Old 21-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #264
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Did you try running the game in DOSBox?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #265
dospf

Post Dune 2

This is a really addicting game!
dospf is offline                         Send a private message to dospf
Old 11-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #266
Valand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossb View Post
I used to play this game on my Commodore Amiga, back in 1993. I played with house Atreides, but never managed to finish the game. I got to the last mission, but kept getting my base blown to bits by the Harkonnen heavy missile(some sort of nuclear missile launched from Harkkonnen palaces). Unfortunately for me, the emperor also has this missile in his palace, so repeated strikes from 2 missiles were enough to blow my bases to bits. Has anybody managed to finish the game, I would love to know what happens in the final cut scenes.
Well I did by building a new base in the southern part of the ordos base. The missiles tried poundering that to but missed. I took med days and days do find out that idea but then it wasn´t to hard. You just had to fight your way upp clearing room för your base and constantly killing those turrets that miracoulsy was rebuilt where you had put buildings. I memorised where they had stod in order to avoid building there. I was so fun and rewarding when I made it.

Old 28-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #267
Tiny4Ever

Default Does this game not work on vista?

i keep getting a 32 bit or 64 bit error message about the game not being compatible anyone know why?
or what i need to do?
Tiny4Ever is offline                         Send a private message to Tiny4Ever
Old 28-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #268
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny4Ever View Post
i keep getting a 32 bit or 64 bit error message about the game not being compatible anyone know why?
or what i need to do?
Two posts above yours:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Did you try running the game in DOSBox?
Yep, indeed, that's your answer.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 AM   #269
j0_luva_girl yahoo.com
Unhappy i have vista and it wont work on my comp

that sucks!!! i love this game and cant playing coz i have vista not xp.

any ideas

Old 01-08-2009, 08:03 AM   #270
dosraider
Dismembered.

Yes:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19982

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider