Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-01-2006, 06:02 AM   #21
Evad
Game freak

I absolutely hated this movie. I'm not exactly sure why, as I rarely give reviews the time of day.
There was something about this movie that had me yawning right through it all. I didn't even find Jolie appealing, with her eye patch and rediculous accent. It seemed over the top in a parody-ish kind of way.
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 10-01-2006, 08:46 AM   #22
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

for doom - problem in films are evil monsters. why are they evil? what makes them evil? because they eat humans?? are animals evil then? because they hang them on chians for their amusement (are then people evil towards animals as well??).

And also another thing is as i recal that those monsters in game comming from hell were named "mutants" (check the ending of Doom 2 for example). so i guess this film grabbed this part instead of "hell". whatever hell is... cause so far the best explanation i saw in South park cartoon. extreeme purist go to heaven so it's a boring place, but everoyne else is in hell...
what is it in hell that is so bad? the fire? the torture? could someone explain thta scientifically? indeed, probably not.

so sky captain has an interesting explanation, how basically the robots weren't bad or evil at all only programmed to perfom the task. and even the guy who programmed them was actually not some evil mastermind laughing with his evil laugh, but was in fact a dead guy.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 12-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #23
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Heh, I watched this yesterday. It's sort of like King Kong (the new one). Some girl who wants to go with Sky Captain and make a story. Tey go to an area not located on most maps. Find wierd creatures (robots in this case). It's quite similar.