Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-09-2011, 03:07 AM   #1
CMDRSweeper

Default Illusive adventure game demo that needs its name

I have quite a few game memories I need help with sorting out, HOWEVER they are not true requests, I am happy just getting to know the title, heck even just playing the old demo again for memories sake is enough, the full version would just be a bonus.
Regardless, I do not want to spam the forum, so I will do the requests sequentially, meaning once one has been served I will do the next one unless people want them all :P

But let me say thank you to everyone for the efforts at identifying Star General to me, it is such a joy to see old memories again.

Anyways, on with what I recall, it was an adventure game, as for what age I cannot really tell but I played the demo on a Windows 95 computer and I seem to recall it was DOS based.
The graphics however seemed be slightly less crisp than Broken Sword 2.

The start of the demo at least had some crime lord or something similar putting you in a hotel room and where he warned you not to leave and locked the door, which I seem to recall was rather heavily reinforced prison style, very unusual for a hotel room.
Regardless, if you escaped through the hatch in the floor, got caught by two goons by the gate, you would be thrown back in the hotel room again, without clothes.

Sadly I never cracked the demo, but it was still heaps of fun, what I do remember was that the "use item" on the interface had two modes where one was the regular use that we know from other adventure games, the second mode was "Always use".
During your search for items in the basement (Where you ended up after escaping through the hatch) you would find various female clothing that you could pick up.

That's about all I can recall right now, ring any bells for someone?
CMDRSweeper is offline                         Send a private message to CMDRSweeper
Old 23-09-2011, 03:50 AM   #2
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Flight of the Amazon Queen?

EDIT: Here's picture of the hotel room and the hotel lobby with the 2 goons.

Last edited by Frodo; 23-09-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 23-09-2011, 04:06 AM   #3
CMDRSweeper

Interesting, not 100% how I remember it but my memory may be off.
Thank you though, you seem to be on the right track :P if not 100% correct
CMDRSweeper is offline                         Send a private message to CMDRSweeper
Old 23-09-2011, 04:26 AM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Your description matches the beginning of the game perfectly.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDRSweeper View Post
Regardless, I do not want to spam the forum, so I will do the requests sequentially, meaning once one has been served I will do the next one unless people want them all :P
No, please make one thread per game according to the rules. Even if you're not personally interested, for archival purposes we want to have one thread per game and one game per thread. If there's already a thread for the game it turns out to be, we'll merge them.

It's OK to make as many threads as games you have right away. Different people know different games, and it will save you time.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
CMDRSweeper

Yeah it was flight of the amazon queen, freeware too which is nice, although sadly just for ScummVM.
I would love to try the old DOS version in DOSBox, but it was still good memories to play again anyways.
So thank you for those and finding the old gems again.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #7
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

ScummVM is just an emulator like Dosbox, it is the same game. If you have the game files you can play it in Dosbox as well.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86