Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Search Forums:
Click here to use Advanced Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
bluestarultor
Forum hobbit

 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weston, United States
Posts: 35
Default bluestarultor

I recently bought this old game from the 3D Realms web site and was wondering if I could do a review on it. I currently have a first draft written up on the full version (which is sold) with pictures from all four episodes, but I've come to understand that it wouldn't go live until the game actually got abandoned, which I personally don't see happening soon. On the other hand, I have the shareware version (also from the web site) in a separate folder and could modify my review and get more screens from that if that would be better.
bluestarultor is offline                         Send a private message to bluestarultor
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age
 
TotalAnarchy's Avatar



 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of
Posts: 3,147
Default

Sorry. Our policy doesn't accept limited shareware versions.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
bluestarultor
Forum hobbit

 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weston, United States
Posts: 35
Default

Okay. Thanks. You can lock this or whatever, then.
bluestarultor is offline                         Send a private message to bluestarultor
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
bobson
Game is over
 
bobson's Avatar



 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wojewodztwo Malopolskie, Poland
Posts: 997
Default

Do not worry blue

Thread will not be closed, as maybe in the future You will find something else to share, and we like to keep it tidy in offers - one thread per person.
__________________
bobson is offline                         Send a private message to bobson
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
bluestarultor
Forum hobbit

 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weston, United States
Posts: 35
Default

Cool. Actually, I was browsing the Games That Need Reviews thread and stumbled on one called "A Journey to Xanth" or something similar. I'm a fan of the series and would be happy to review that one if I could get a copy to play.


Edit: Actually, I found one. I'll play through it a bit when I get a chance. I'm in the middle of a paper at the moment.

Last edited by bluestarultor; 04-10-2009 at 08:59 PM.
bluestarultor is offline                         Send a private message to bluestarultor
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #6
El Quia
Abandonia Homie
 
El Quia's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Capital Federal, Argentina
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestarultor View Post
Cool. Actually, I was browsing the Games That Need Reviews thread and stumbled on one called "A Journey to Xanth" or something similar. I'm a fan of the series and would be happy to review that one if I could get a copy to play.


Edit: Actually, I found one. I'll play through it a bit when I get a chance. I'm in the middle of a paper at the moment.
I was the one reviewing "A Journey into Xanth", really, but if you really want to review it, I will give you the honor: Although I love the Xanth series, I found I am not really into Interactive Fiction lately, even thou there was a time I loved the genre . And I really hated that goddamn river!


And maybe you should try with the version here at abandonia if you want to review it, because that way we can be sure that there are no differences between the review and the archive. Do you really want to review it? If that's the case, then tell me and we should post here and sort it out.

So tell me if you are interested!
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:41 AM   #7
bluestarultor
Forum hobbit

 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weston, United States
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Quia View Post
I was the one reviewing "A Journey into Xanth", really, but if you really want to review it, I will give you the honor: Although I love the Xanth series, I found I am not really into Interactive Fiction lately, even thou there was a time I loved the genre . And I really hated that goddamn river!


And maybe you should try with the version here at abandonia if you want to review it, because that way we can be sure that there are no differences between the review and the archive. Do you really want to review it? If that's the case, then tell me and we should post here and sort it out.

So tell me if you are interested!
I was going to do it since there wasn't anyone else, but honestly, I'm not sure I'd really be able to give a fair appraisal with how busy I am with school at the moment. (Also, I managed to waste over 90 turns fighting with the dictionary before getting anywhere and can't be sure whether it's the game's fault or mine.) If you'd like to do it, I'll turn it over to you.
bluestarultor is offline                         Send a private message to bluestarultor
Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 01:56 AM   #8
bluestarultor
Forum hobbit

 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weston, United States
Posts: 35
Default

As much as I hate to double post (I'm used to being able to delete a post and just copy the content elsewhere), I was looking through my old floppies and came across one Abandonia doesn't have, and oddly, neither does HOTU. In fact, it doesn't even have a Wikipedia article. The game's called Quatra Command for Windows. It works in WinXP (albeit insanely fast), but specifically not in DOSBox. This is the best info I've found on it, but I'm not really sure about if it's the kind of thing Abandonia would take (since it's specifically not for DOS) or whether it's protected (the ESA site is either notably silent on their protection list or certainly makes it difficult to find).

Given that my Google-fu is weak, is there anyone with more information on this? Would it be appropriate for the site?
bluestarultor is offline                         Send a private message to bluestarultor
Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #9
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age
 
TotalAnarchy's Avatar



 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of
Posts: 3,147
Default

Quatra Command 1994, published by B&N Companies, developed by DOE Entertainment [APPROVED]

Do you have FTP Access?
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #10
bluestarultor
Forum hobbit

 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weston, United States
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Quatra Command 1994, published by B&N Companies, developed by DOE Entertainment [APPROVED]

Do you have FTP Access?
No. Or at least I've never used it. The last stuff I provided was uploaded by someone else.
bluestarultor is offline                         Send a private message to bluestarultor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
 


The current time is 05:15 AM (GMT)

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.