Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-06-2009, 03:46 AM   #161
VelociraptorBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorshades View Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mirrorshades @ Mar 1 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]281484[/snapback]</div>
Since someone emailed and asked, I did get around this. I think the original download I had was corrupt (I forget where I found it, Underdogs maybe?). I did a fresh download from here, followed the install instructions in this thread, and it's working fine.

Soooo... if you're getting the above error, post where you got it so we know not to trust that one anymore.
I have the same problem too, but I got the game from this website. Where do I get this game then?

Old 04-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #162
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

post details of what you've done and what's happened. i mean details as in inputs, location of the game on your hard drive, mount commands, zip size, etc
Old 05-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #163
Zepolak

About the memory-related error (game not launching after installation with an alloc error showing) :
- I have installed the game from here, used Doxbox, mounted drives as said, installed without error : then I got the memory error
- I downloaded a new copy from here, done the exact same stuff [except the actual drives mounted as C: & A: were different], installation ok : game is launching.

So I guess it's a random error & trying to install the game again works (at least, it did for me).

Old 05-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #164
alpha43omega
Lurker

Default Can't get through

I did everything that they said on the "idiots guide to running simearth" but for some reason I can't it to install. It keeps saying that it can't locate the disk. This doesn't make sense, please help.
alpha43omega is offline                         Send a private message to alpha43omega
Old 06-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #165
holydiver95
Abandonia nerd

on my planet is a nuclear war xD and a fight between robots and humans xD

Old but still the best! - my favourit quote about Old Games!
holydiver95 is offline                         Send a private message to holydiver95
Old 06-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #166
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha43omega View Post
I did everything that they said on the "idiots guide to running simearth" but for some reason I can't it to install. It keeps saying that it can't locate the disk. This doesn't make sense, please help.
you must run setup.bat, not install.exe
Old 10-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #167
Default Mouse Problems

Thanks to The Fifth Horseman (instructions on pg 16 of this forum) and to R.U.S.S. for indicating to use setup.bat instead of install. That seemed to help install the program.

However, I'm having trouble controlling the mouse with SimEarth. Any suggestions on how to slow down the mouse?

I'm using DOSBOX in Windows XP.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #168
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Is it just the mouse moving too fast or the entire game?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #169

I can't get the game to start because I can't get the mouse to work. It sort of jumps around the screen.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #170
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

1. Decrease the cycles (CTRL+F11) and see if this helps.
2. If not, close DOSBox, open the config file and decrease the value after sensitivity=. You'll probably want to drop it to somewhere around 60% at the very most.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman