Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-12-2005, 12:18 AM   #1
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

OK, I just ordered the components for my new PC, I just hope they include all the cables and muck. Well, they can keep the muck, but I hope they include the cables.

It is costing me a lot of money (for me anyway), and I will probably not buy another PC for a few years (2 at a minimum unless I win the lotto, 3++ more likely)

Freaking expensive though. (Not so much at first till I figured out that I forgot to include the CPU and a UPS) :whistle:

Still cheaper than when I bought my laptop in 2002. :blink:
Anyway, I am now eager to build it (not really but you know what I mean) and finaly try Doom 3.

No real reason for this post but that I wanted to say it to someone and since this has been my favourite forum for a while....
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 20-12-2005, 12:25 AM   #2
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Mind giving us the specs?

I'm happy for you, bet you can't wait to try out stuff like Doom 3 or Civilization 4.
Perhaps even Half-Life 2.
Believe me, getting a new PC is magic, you open up a new world of gaming.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 20-12-2005, 01:15 AM   #3
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Dec 20 2005, 01:25 AM
Mind giving us the specs?

I'm happy for you, bet you can't wait to try out stuff like Doom 3 or Civilization 4.
Perhaps even Half-Life 2.
Believe me, getting a new PC is magic, you open up a new world of gaming.
Well, not Half Life 2 since I am not going to support Steam, but the rest, yes! Though I spend so much money on it I don't know if I will be able to actualy buy more than a couple games for a while LOL.

I include a screenshot of the specs. Now, yes it is expensive, but I will also use it for some work and I will not buy another one for years.

Though I am thinking of getting a tv tuner.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 20-12-2005, 01:25 AM   #4
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yowza!

As for Half-Life 2, you don't need Steam to play it.
And please don't tell me that you aren't supporting Steam just by not buying any of Valve's games.

Cause cmon, you know that'd just be stupid.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 20-12-2005, 01:28 AM   #5
Evad
Game freak

That's ultimate calibre with doom. You are going to be one happy fragger. Have you looked at F.E.A.R yet? Your system will play that full as well.
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 20-12-2005, 01:31 AM   #6
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes, get F.E.A.R. instead of Doom 3.

The game with the F is a new experience, whereas the game with the D is Doom with fancy graphics.

My Site -
Old 20-12-2005, 01:32 AM   #7
punch999
The true Shadow President

Battle field 2 rocks.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 20-12-2005, 01:52 AM   #8
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

How else could I not support Steam, but to not buy their games? :blink:
And I know you don't need Steam to play it, I have played the game (rocks), but I am still not going to buy it. (or otherwise for you naughty minds you)

I am going to try the demos of all above mentioned games before choosing one. I tried the demo of Doom 3 on my current laptop and well, it was running about 2 fps per 15 sec, which was not good enough to taste the game.

For an FPS game I am inclined to buy Doom 3, due to how much I liked the first 2.
There is also Far Cry, Painkiller, and like 100 more modern FPS that I could give a go at. Not to forget all the ones that run on my laptop like Renegade, Swat 3, Swat 4 (I hope it will install on the new one), BlackHawk Down+Team Sabre (plays ok with minimum settings but, come on!) etc. And that is just a part of the FPS genre. Wish I had money to not have this problem LOL.

Old 20-12-2005, 01:56 AM   #9
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Steam is supported by buying games over Steam, and registering your products.

Don't register with Steam, or buy over Steam, and your money will go to the development of more Valve games, instead of development on Steam.

And what's the grudge? If you're not going to support the gaming community by buying games, then why call yourself a gamer?
Please explain why you don't like Steam, and saying you just don't like how it works or what it's making you do is not a valid excuse.

Yes, all those other FPS games are good, but you know Half-Life 2 is better than all of them.

(Especially Far Cry)

My Site -
Old 20-12-2005, 02:07 AM   #10
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Dec 20 2005, 02:56 AM
Steam is supported by buying games over Steam, and registering your products.

Don't register with Steam, or buy over Steam, and your money will go to the development of more Valve games, instead of development on Steam.

And what's the grudge? If you're not going to support the gaming community by buying games, then why call yourself a gamer?
Please explain why you don't like Steam, and saying you just don't like how it works or what it's making you do is not a valid excuse.

Yes, all those other FPS games are good, but you know Half-Life 2 is better than all of them.

(Especially Far Cry)
You have got to be kidding me.

I am not going to get a Steam related game, which for now means Valve, as long as they do not have every freaking game in the world under their system, at which point I will buy a rubik's cube.

I am not going to get into the whole debate on steam again. We had a couple long discussions in the past and I see no reason to repeat myself. Just accept that I hate it and I won't have anything to do with it.

EDIT: You know, I am worried a tiny bit that the 500W supply might not be enough. :blink: