Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > The ISO Cellar > S
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #21
goldeng
Lurker

Default Thanks a lot Ermuli! I was looking for this like EVERYWHERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermuli View Post
Check this:

Super Street Fighter II Turbo [MDF/MDS] [402 Mb]
CD image (402 Mb), 4shared
Thanks a lot Ermuli! I was looking for this like EVERYWHERE!

You don't understand how pleased I am now after putting my hands on this piece of nostalgia! Digitally though, but still it's great to have it back! I just had my original disc broken today inside the cd drive. And all I wanted was just to listen to its good old audio tracks =\. Now with your generosity it's like turning the time backward before the disc broke.

I found that the audio tracks are not recognized by mounting the MDF file, but only the MDS file. So I mounted the MDS file with MagicDisc and made an UIF image from it instead, in order to have a single image file of the game. For those who don't know the UIF format is very usefull when making backup of multi-session discs that has both Data and Audio tracks. Thanks again for sharing Ermuli!

To all other people who are looking for this great CD version of the game, the rest of the links above are 'dead' for some time now. The only one that worked for me was of Ermuli: 'Super Street Fighter II Turbo [MDF/MDS] [402 Mb]' http://www.4shared.com/folder/WTAzbkfC/SF2.html
If it's dead too by the time you get here drop me a message and I will upload it somewhere for you to download.

Best regards,
goldeng
goldeng is offline                         Send a private message to goldeng
Old 25-07-2015, 09:02 AM   #22
HerrDethnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Info: MobyGames

Download(s):
Uploaded by: Ermuli
Uploaded by: Professor Oak
Anyone have the part SF2.r07 from the 4shared link?

Last edited by HerrDethnout; 25-07-2015 at 09:09 AM.
HerrDethnout is offline                         Send a private message to HerrDethnout
Old 25-07-2015, 09:52 AM   #23
Ermuli
Home Sweet Abandonia

Missing files are restored.
Ermuli is offline                         Send a private message to Ermuli
Old 25-07-2015, 09:58 AM   #24
HerrDethnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermuli View Post
Missing files are restored.
THANKS! I LOVE YOU!

Last edited by HerrDethnout; 25-07-2015 at 10:02 AM.
HerrDethnout is offline                         Send a private message to HerrDethnout
Old 25-01-2016, 08:44 PM   #25
CR12010
Lurker

Part 1 bin/cue is missing
CR12010 is offline                         Send a private message to CR12010
Old 21-02-2016, 06:51 AM   #26
thebonniebear

Hey, I'm kind of new to running cd-rom games in dosbox and don't think I'm doing this correctly.

I downloaded Ermuli's MDF/MDS, extracted the first rar file and mounted its .mds file as a virtual drive using WinCDEmu.

I was able to run the install file off of the virtual drive, but never could get dosbox to read the image off of it whenever I tried to start the game.

So I figured I should convert the MDF file to an .iso to bypass the virtual drive all together and although its running, its doing so in a broken state. Do I need to convert the .mds to a .iso as well and run both or is there a way to get dosbox to read my virtual drive?

Maybe I'm doing this completely wrong so some for getting this game to run would be appreciated.
thebonniebear is offline                         Send a private message to thebonniebear
Old 21-02-2016, 08:46 AM   #27
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

The CD contains multiple tracks (1 data + several audio tracks) so you don't want to use .iso format because it can hold only the data track.
If you convert the image to bin/cue you can mount in in DOSBox with the imgmount command.

The mdf&mds files make one CD image. IIRC, the mdf file contains all the data and the mds file track information. Bin/cue is similar, the cue-file contains track information, it's just a normal text file. When you mount the image, always use the file with the track information.

After installing the game in DOSBox, when you want to play the game you have to mount the CD and the game directory the same way you did when you installed the game (i.e. using the same drive letter and path). Also, you should always mount CDs to drive D because that's what some DOS games expect.
Old 21-02-2016, 11:50 PM   #28
thebonniebear

Do you or does anyone else know any software that I can convert MDF/MDS to BIN/CUE? The only one that claims to that I could find is anyburn, but kept saying that it was the wrong file format.

I also tried mounting the MDF and convert it as a CD via MagicISO but that doesn't seem to allow it either.
thebonniebear is offline                         Send a private message to thebonniebear
Old 22-02-2016, 07:38 PM   #29
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebonniebear View Post
Do you or does anyone else know any software that I can convert MDF/MDS to BIN/CUE?
IsoBuster
Old 25-07-2016, 07:46 PM   #30
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

OK, either tonight or tomorrow, I'm gonna upload a new SSF2T ISO that's just one big download instead of several parts (like Ermuli's ISO) and is BIN/CUE.

More importantly, I'm gonna upload with it the two official patches for the US CD version of the game (which is what the new ISO will be). After you install this ISO, I STRONGLY recommend you install these patches for the best experience you can get. Install sf2tusc5 BEFORE you install sf2tusc6 though...

Also, no patches will work on the floppy archive which can be downloaded from the main site because the EXE is cracked. All the more reason to get the game from the ISO cellar.

Last edited by SpiDoL; 13-09-2016 at 09:24 PM.
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL